The 68-year-old is both reinvigorated and revitalised and will now no doubt fancy one final challenge in management, and to return to his former stomping ground where he won his first league title as a boss, would be a simply sensational story.
The club now sit in the relegation zone in 18th place, with just six points out of its first nine games.
However, the club have made a poor start to the new season, failing to win any of their last 10 games since the opening day of the league campaign including losing each of their last four outings.
Do you think Henry could lead Monaco back up the table?
Belgium superstar Eden Hazard has shared his opinion on his global coach Thierry Henry's potential foray into club management with AS Monaco ahead of their Nations League clash against Switzerland tonight.
Henry emerged as the favourite for the job this week.
The former Sporting Lisbon manager was appointed by Monaco in 2014 and helped develop players such as Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, Atletico Madrid's Thomas Lemar, and Manchester City pair Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy.
"I want to thank with deepest respect Leonardo for all the work done", he said.
"His time here will remain one of the most attractive periods in the club's history. Leonardo will always be part of the family of AS Monaco".
Henry was subject of constant rumors and reports that he may take over at Aston Villa following Steve Bruce's dismissal, but the job eventually went to Dean Smith (no relation to the North Carolina basketball coach, as far as we know).
- Camilla at Crathie school during Princess Eugenie royal wedding
- Hurricane Michael's death toll could rise as Florida searches intensify
- Mahrez misses late PK, Man City draws Liverpool
- Poor Mental Health Rises With Global Warming
- Pope accepts resignation of Cardinal Wuerl amid abuse cover-up scandal
- Nokia 8110 4G ‘Banana Phone’ launched in India: Price, specs and more
- Android creator’s next phone will send texts for you
- Event highlights mental health issues
- Zamira Hajiyeva first person to be subjected to unexplained wealth order
- I don't like Fed raising interest rates so quickly, says Trump