Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Manny Machado (8) watches his three-run homer against the Atlanta Braves during the seventh inning in Game 4 of baseball's National League Division Series, Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, in Atlanta.
The homer gave the Braves, who trail 2-0 in the series, a 5-0 lead.
After the Milwaukee Brewers swept the Colorado Rockies to advance to the NL Championship Series earlier Sunday, the Dodgers had a chance to do the same at SunTrust Park. A free-agent-to-be acquired from Baltimore in July, Machado also had a run-scoring double in the first. 'He's been doing it all year and he continued it in the playoffs.
"It just goes to the depth of their team when you can do that", Snitker said. When he left the game, Cleveland was in front 2-1 after tagging Keuchel for two runs on a sacrifice fly by Michael Brantley and Francisco Lindor's second home run of the series. "It's what they've done all year is hit home runs". Puig kept the sixth going with a popup down the line off Jonny Venters (0-1) that fell between second baseman Ozzie Albies and right fielder Nick Markakis.
However, Foltynewicz was Atlanta's top starter during the regular season, his best as a major leaguer. David Freese, picked up from Pittsburgh just minutes before the trade deadline, came through with a pinch-hit, two-run single that put the Dodgers ahead to stay in the sixth. "He went two innings, 50 pitches [in Game 1]".
Dodgers Close Out Braves 6-2, Advance To NLCS For Third Straight Season
Hill isn't much of a hitter, but he sure made Foltynewicz work for an inning-ending strikeout in the fourth.
The Braves brought out another Hall of Famer to deliver the ceremonial first pitch.
The announced crowd of 39,586 was almost 3,000 smaller than the previous night's record SunTrust Park turnout, perhaps because of a 4:30 p.m. start time that coincided with Atlanta's notorious rush hour. Toussaint tossed one scoreless inning.
The Pirates actually improved their team at the non-waiver trade deadline by adding starting pitcher Chris Archer, but it sounds like Freese was convinced he was going to miss out on postseason play for the third straight year with his former team.
Atlanta opens the 2019 season at Philadelphia on March 28.
- 3 companies win major Air Force rocket contracts
- Smart Home Technology Poised for Blockbuster Growth
- Scarlett Johansson to Reportedly Earn $15 Million for New Black Widow Movie
- Ikea finally plans to open a store in Estonia
- Selena Gomez is Being Treated at Mental Health Facility Following Medical Issues
- Razer Phone 2 with wireless charging support launched for $799
- Salah suffered strain not rupture, says Egypt assistant
- Google Pixel 3 Phones Launch Amid Privacy Storm
- US, Russian astronauts survive Soyuz emergency landing
- Jadon Sancho: England hero heaps praise on ‘phenomenal’ Borussia Dortmund star