This $15 million payday is the same amount her co-stars Chris Evans as Captain America and Chris Hemsworth as Thor were paid not only for Avengers: Infinity War but also for their stand alone films, Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok.
Marvel was criticised for taking so long to give the Black Widow her own film.
In short, Johansson has finally earned her way to a big dog salary in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Robert Downey Jr. still dwarfing everyone else's paycheck.
Avengers: Infinity War made over $2 billion at the global box office - one of the highest figures for any movie in history. THR also says that actors typically get a bonus depending on the film's performance at the box office. She was first a villain of Iron-Man, and worked for the Russians before defecting to the USA and joining the Avengers.
Marvel bosses responded to the United States publication: "Marvel Studios disputes the accuracy of these numbers, and as a matter of policy, we never publicly disclose salaries or deal terms".
Enter the latest round of Avengers 4 leaks, which show Thor and Rocket Raccoon in new grey costumes that look as though they were built specifically for extreme conditions. Playing this role over the last 8 years has been an honor.
After that, Marvel will move into a new phase of storytelling - without, it seems, Evans as Captain America.
It was previously announced that Cate Shortland will be directing the Black Widow solo film but no other details have yet been made official.
- Prince Andrew shares family photos as royal bridal party confirmed
- Brexit deal 'within reach' says Barnier
- Android creator’s next phone will send texts for you
- Nokia 8110 4G ‘Banana Phone’ launched in India: Price, specs and more
- Khabib Nurmagomedov takes swipe at Dana White following UFC 229
- Pope accepts resignation of Cardinal Wuerl amid abuse cover-up scandal
- Hurricane Michael Obliterates Mexico Beach, Florida
- Ibrahimovic jumps to defence of under fire Man Utd boss Mourinho
- Stardew Valley is coming to mobile
- I don't like Fed raising interest rates so quickly, says Trump