He warned that gusts of up to 40 or 50 miles per hour will be felt across western parts of Scotland, Wales, and western England throughout the day, with stronger gusts of 60 miles per hour possible along the Irish Sea coast.
A Met Office amber warning - the second highest - is still in place for heavy rain in South Wales until 6pm tonight after starting on Friday.
Storm Callum will continue to cause disruption in Lancashire today, with more heavy rain predicted.
Storm Callum has continued to cause disruption in several parts of the United Kingdom with flooding and falling trees. ESB Networks announced that 30,000 homes were left without power.
Met Éireann issued a status-orange wind warning yesterday for 13 coastal counties and a status-yellow wind warning for 13 interior counties.
The amber weather warning affecting south Wales means there is a likelihood of "severe of extremely bad weather" which could pose a "potential risk to life and property".
A yellow weather warning is in place tomorrow across large parts of north west and west Wales, with further heavy and persistent rainfall forecast.
Yellow warnings for rain and wind have also been issued across much of the west coast of the United Kingdom, from northern Scotland to Land's End in Cornwall.
"We are also starting to see the rain push in to parts of south-west England and part of the Republic of Ireland", Met Office meteorologist Alex Burkhill said.
One part of south Wales, the Brecon Beacons village of Libanus, recorded 182mm of rain in just 48 hours - way above the monthly total for the region of 169mm.
- De Minaur sets up Zverev clash in Shanghai
- India elected to UNHRC for the 5th time
- Hillary Clinton: 'Civility can start again' when Democrats run Congress
- Former Mayor Bloomberg Rejoins Democratic Party As He Considers 2020 Run
- Sports News, Machado, Dodgers finish off Braves
- Thierry Henry Named New Monaco Coach - Club
- Africa's youngest billionaire kidnapped in Tanzania
- Seann Walsh 'deeply regrets' kissing Strictly Come Dancing partner Katya Jones
- Trump Blames "Crazy" Federal Reserve As Wall Street Suffers Ugly Losses
- Investigation into possible match fixing in PSG's game vs. Red Star Belgrade