Virgil van Dijk has said Manchester City's caution at Anfield was a sign of respect for Liverpool and promised to learn from the foul that nearly cost Jürgen Klopp's team their unbeaten start to the Premier League season.
In a game which rarely lived up to the pre-match hype, although the Reds started brightly as Mohamed Salah shot wide.
"I would not like to speak about the referees, about the decisions", Guardiola said.
"It looks like we are really on a good way and the only thing I can guarantee is that we constantly develop".
"But as a player there is not much more that you can achieve than playing these type of games, because when you play them or when the atmosphere is like that, you know it's a big thing".
"If you play so quick they are much better than us", said Guardiola after the 0-0 stalemate. "We know we are always able to score, we scored already three times in the last season away which is also not normal to score three goals at Anfield and we will try to repeat and it can be a great game for us".
"If somebody would have told me after eight matchdays you have 20 points, I would say with that fixture list, 'I'll buy it, let's start with the ninth matchday!'", said Klopp. We had our chance.
Milner, 32, has been one of Liverpool's most consistent performers so far this season, starting all but one game. Don't lose the ball in risky positions because when you lose the ball there, they counter attack with Firmino, Mane and Salah.
Guardiola did not blame Mahrez for missing the penalty - which was blazed high above the bar - but did apologise to Gabriel Jesus for not allowing him to take it. He had the courage to hit the penalty.
'It was not smart from me personally and hopefully it will never happen again.
The former Liverpool defender, who commentated on the game for Sky Sports, also offered Jurgen Klopp some transfer advice. I think he touched the ball a bit but not enough.
"We hope that they come back healthy and play these easy competitions - the Premier League, the Champions League and all this".
"But we deserve this bit of luck with this performance".
- Melania Trump doesn't care about rumors Donald cheated on her
- I don't like Fed raising interest rates so quickly, says Trump
- Camilla at Crathie school during Princess Eugenie royal wedding
- Scarlett Johansson to Reportedly Earn $15 Million for New Black Widow Movie
- Prince William Teases Kate Middleton About Her Painting
- Stardew Valley is coming to mobile
- Nokia 8110 4G ‘Banana Phone’ launched in India: Price, specs and more
- Giants expected to part ways with Ereck Flowers
- Ibrahimovic jumps to defence of under fire Man Utd boss Mourinho
- Hurricane Michael's death toll could rise as Florida searches intensify