Royal fans may have been surprised when Princess Eugenie chose not to change into a second dress for her wedding reception.
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's wedding took place Friday morning in St. George's Chapel.
Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter Princess Eugenie married Jack Brooksbank at Windsor Castle on Friday in front of celebrities and Britain's senior royals including Prince Harry and wife Meghan who Wednesday at the same venue in May.
The low back feature on the dress was at the specific request of Princess Eugenie who had surgery aged 12 to correct scoliosis - a medical condition in which a person's spine has a sideways curve.
Today, they are becoming husband and wife at St George's Chapel, Windsor.
"She is fond of Eugenie and her sister Beatrice, and is very disappointed that she can not be there".
The nuptials will draw most senior members of the royal family, including Eugenie's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.
As she stepped out of the vintage auto with her father and onto the steps of the chapel, she wowed in her custom wedding gown by Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos, of the label Peter Pilotto.
Designer Stella McCartney, who was the mastermind behind actress Demi Moore's dress for the occasion, shared a photo of the 55-year-old wearing the maroon creation inside the wedding. It only takes five seconds to see why - she looks positively stunning - but it turns out her handsome wedding day look has even more meaning than we initially thought.
Princess Charlotte, 3, daughter of Prince William and his wife Kate, was a bridesmaid, and her brother, Prince George, 5, a page boy.
They are the daughters of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.
Her sister, Princess Beatrice, will be maid of honour. There were also crowds of well-wishers on the streets outside the imposing castle, the site of Harry's marriage to Meghan Markle in May.
Security around Windsor was tight, with airport-style checks and a heavy police presence.
- Akshay Kumar cancels Housefull 4 shoot after Twinkle Khanna seeks 'firm stance'
- Khabib threatens to leave UFC if teammates fired
- US, Russian astronauts survive Soyuz emergency landing
- De Minaur sets up Zverev clash in Shanghai
- Razer Phone 2 with wireless charging support launched for $799
- Singapore to NY
- Investigation into possible match fixing in PSG's game vs. Red Star Belgrade
- Colorado health department reports 14 cases of polio-like illness in children
- 3 companies win major Air Force rocket contracts
- Jadon Sancho: England hero heaps praise on ‘phenomenal’ Borussia Dortmund star