Nurmagomedov's $US2 million [$2.81 million] for the fight has been withheld by the commission pending the outcome of the investigation, Bennett said.
While Khabib is now facing suspension from the UFC for his actions during UFC 229, he has likewise threatened to quit the organization if his teammate Zubaira Tukhugov is fired for taking swings at McGregor during the chaos.
Dana White was disgusted by the post-match scenes and refused to hand over the title to the Russian in case the handover caused ever more fighting within the crowd with sets of Russian and Irish fans already fighting before the match even began.
I told you guys he is a tap machine.
Russian President Vladimir Putin (L) speaks with UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov (R) and his father Abdulmanap (C) during their meeting at the Russia is a Sport State forum in Ulyanovsk on October 10, 2018.
"Why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?"
He added, "If you decide to fire [Tukhugov], you should know that you'll lose me, too". You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won't get stuck in your throat.
Khabib Nurmagomedov's fourth-round victory over Conor McGregor was just the start of the story.
"In a family anything can happen, (but) we never allow ourselves to go beyond certain limits", Putin said. Why didn't you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people?
Khabib posted on Instagram that "If you decide to fire him [Tukhugov], you should know that you'll lose me too". If you still decide to fire him, don't forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I'll break it myself.
"We have defended our honour and this is the most important thing".
Nurmagomedov is likely to receive a sanction for starting the postfight brawl.
We can't really imagine Nurmagomedov making the jump over until his days competing inside of the Octagon are officially done and dusted, but let's face it, we'd all love to see it go down given just how much of a megastar he's become in the last few weeks or so.
His message ended with "fire me, it will be better that way, I think it's more fair that way". Rockhold also said that based McGregor's performance on Saturday night the Irishman shouldn't be given an immediate rematch as it was a very one sided fight.
- Facebook reveals details of September data breach affecting 29M users
- Meghan Markle's ex-husband Trevor Engelson gets remarried
- Former Mayor Bloomberg Rejoins Democratic Party As He Considers 2020 Run
- Michael, Now Post-Tropical Storm, Batters Tri-State With Rain, Wind
- Thierry Henry linked with AS Monaco job
- Nintendo gives Switch subscribers decked-out NES Zelda save file
- Razer Phone 2 with wireless charging support launched for $799
- 3 companies win major Air Force rocket contracts
- India elected to UNHRC for the 5th time
- Musk denies James Murdoch taking over as Tesla's Chairman