The 18-year-old broke the mould for young English talent when turning down a contract offer reported to be in the region of £30,000 per week at Manchester City to broaden his horizons and seek the regular football he was never likely to find at the Etihad.
It is rather unusual for English players to move overseas, especially at such a young age but Sancho's fearless decision is already proving to be the right one.
Sancho has gone against the grain having taken his craft to Germany in a bid for more opportunities in a first-team environment.
"My goal this season was to play as many games as I can". I'm learning more in the Championship.
The former Watford and Manchester City youth player was rewarded with a place in Gareth Southgate's squad, but said it came as a shock despite his form. "Obviously, I have got to say thank you to the (Dortmund) manager (Lucien Favre) for playing me, trusting and believing in me".
"I'm just grateful that he's (coach Gareth Southgate) seeing my progress in the Bundesliga, and I'm just very thankful".
Chelsea are likely to face competition from Manchester City in the race to sign Jadon Sancho after it was revealed the Premier League champions do have the first refusal on the player.
"That won't faze me at all", he said.
"That's the biggest thing that could ever happen to a young kid like me".
"Moving from home was the biggest - leaving my mum and my sisters behind".
The World Cup victor told The Sun : "He is a natural footballer, who loves to play on the left wing but has unbelievable talent". "I knew about Theo Walcott, who was 16 [when he was called into the 2006 World Cup squad]". By doing that he has also sent out a wider message, namely he is watching all English players, including those who are overseas.
"That's. I don't know".
Ross Barkley makes his first England appearance since May 2016 as Southgate looks set to ditch the 3-5-2 system that worked so well in Russian Federation for a 4-3-3 with Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashford flanking Harry Kane up front.
"The growth in England at the moment is insane", Sancho added.
- Aaron Ramsey says he will see out season with Arsenal
- Camilla at Crathie school during Princess Eugenie royal wedding
- Event highlights mental health issues
- Fortnite Update 6.02 Added Disco Domination and Quad Rocket Launcher
- Ikea finally plans to open a store in Estonia
- Michael, Now Post-Tropical Storm, Batters Tri-State With Rain, Wind
- Android creator’s next phone will send texts for you
- Moment Soyuz rocket failed captured on camera from SPACE
- Thousands without power this morning as Storm Callum hits Ireland overnight
- Khabib Nurmagomedov takes swipe at Dana White following UFC 229