Croatia were completing a UEFA sanction after a swastika symbol was carved into the pitch during a Euro 2016 qualifier against Italy over three years ago.
The Three Lions boss has already lost four players to injuries in the build-up to the Croatia clash. "I don't know who it is good for".
"He did something that none of the rest could do and that's control the tempo of a football match and when we talk about England not controlling a game, that's the thing the likes of Pirlo, Modric, Xabi Alonso and Xavi can do - they're the type of players you need at global level if you want to control games".
While some Premier League managers have questioned the logic behind another competitive tournament and many fans have admitted confusion at the concept, Cascarino says the games will be an important part of Southgate's project.
"It's about when to play long and when to play short and our players don't seem to be able to know how to dictate the pace of games at global level".
"We could easily hear the ones on the hill", said Dier. "He is not here and we need to respect his decision".
Ivan Perisic's blocked effort was the best they managed in the first half until overlapping Pivaric fired over a cross to Andrej Kramaric, with the former Leicester striker's mishit attempt stopped by Jordan Pickford.
England's prowess from set-pieces played a huge role in their World Cup success and again proved a potent weapon.
Southgate's men failed to force a save in the first period but came close to the opener just before half-time as Dier met Henderson's corner with a glancing header that hit the far post.
England still have three other goalkeepers to choose from but Rose's exit, which came after Luke Shaw was forced to leave, means that Leicester's Ben Chilwell is now the only left-back in the squad.
"We used the ball well against a very good team, so very pleased with it". "We should have been more ruthless".
The Borussia Dortmund wonder kid showed some impressive touches but couldn't provide a final spark as England had to settle for a point.
- Sports News, Machado, Dodgers finish off Braves
- Medvedev "took off" from the "masters" in Shanghai
- Death toll from Indonesia quake reaches 2,088
- Latest updates: British designers made Eugenie's wedding dress
- At least eight climbers killed on Nepal peak
- Investigation into possible match fixing in PSG's game vs. Red Star Belgrade
- Former Mayor Bloomberg Rejoins Democratic Party As He Considers 2020 Run
- Facebook reveals details of September data breach affecting 29M users
- Israeli forces kill six Palestinians during Gaza protests
- Musk denies James Murdoch taking over as Tesla's Chairman