Xbox Avatars never quite caught on like the Nintendo's Mii avatars did, but they were popular enough on Xbox 360 to prompt the team to enhance them for the next generation console. For Windows 10 users, a new Xbox Avatar Editor is also available to download from the Microsoft Store for Avatar tweaks on the go.
Additionally, a new Xbox Skill is coming to Cortana and Alexa for users in the United States, which will allow players to use their voice to navigate their Xbox One system via Cortana and Alexa-enabled devices.
Once your new toys arrive in the mail, you'll be able to use your voice to do things such as turn on or off your console, open a specific game or app, take screenshots, adjust its volume, and more.
Microsoft releases the October update for the Xbox One with Alexa support and more
The skill requires an Alexa- or Cortana-enabled device such as a Windows 10 PC, Amazon Echo, Harman Kardon Invoke speaker, or Sonos One. To set up Alexa, just say, "Alexa, open Xbox" and to set up Cortana, just say, "Hey Cortana, open Xbox", or search for "Xbox" in the assistant skill store. For now, Dolby Vision HDR support is tied to Netflix's library of compatible content, via the dedicated console app.
Lastly, Avatars and Dolby Vision support, five additional languages are being added to Xbox One's Narrator feature: Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, and Dutch will be available when the new October update hits. Again, there's a catch: you need to actually have a TV that supports Dolby Vision HDR connected to your Xbox One. To enable Dolby Vision on the console, navigate to Settings - Display and sound - Video output - Video modes - Allow Dolby Vision. Keep in mind the new Xbox Skill is only available for users in the United States, so if you are outside of the USA, you are only getting the new Xbox Avatars, Dolby Vision streaming, and new langauges for Narrator.
These updates are available because of the Xbox Insiders who have helped shape these features, so big thanks to all of you for your valuable input. Microsoft hasn't announced the features for that though, so there should be more news soon.
- Moment Soyuz rocket failed captured on camera from SPACE
- Meghan Markle's ex-husband Trevor Engelson gets remarried
- Jadon Sancho: England hero heaps praise on ‘phenomenal’ Borussia Dortmund star
- Mahrez misses late PK, Man City draws Liverpool
- Nokia 8110 4G ‘Banana Phone’ launched in India: Price, specs and more
- Melania Trump doesn't care about rumors Donald cheated on her
- Selena Gomez is Being Treated at Mental Health Facility Following Medical Issues
- Zamira Hajiyeva first person to be subjected to unexplained wealth order
- Brexit: PM's compromises a 'concern' for cabinet ministers
- Ikea finally plans to open a store in Estonia