This infographic by the Henley Passport Index's "Compare My Passport" section shows some differences between the access of Singapore passports (left) and Japan passports (right). We're ranked at 75th alongside Azerbaijan, the Dominican Republic, and Tunisia - meaning we have access only to 66 countries visa-free or visa-on-arrival.
Ranking 3rd were passports from Germany, France, and South Korea.
China recently obtained access to St. Lucia and Myanmar and is now in 71st place, having climbed 14 places since the start of 2017.
In general, the UAE has made the most remarkable ascent on the Henley Passport Index, from 62nd place in 2006 to 21st place worldwide now.
Russia received a boost in September when Taiwan announced a visa-waiver for Russian nationals (valid until July 2019), but the country has nonetheless fallen from 46th to 47th place compared to Q3, because of movements higher up in the ranking.
"It is therefore with much enthusiasm that we greet the latest announcement from South African Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba about the planned revisions to South Africa's visa policy, which pave the wave for a number of reciprocal waivers for South African passport-holders".
If passport holders are allowed to get visas-on-arrival, a visitor's permit, or an electronic travel authority (ETA) when entering the destination, a score of 1 is also applied.
The countries tied for the top five places are: Japan, Singapore, France, Germany, South Korea, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Newcomer Moldova, which is due to launch its CBI program in November, has climbed 20 places since 2008.
In the last quarter, the passport was ranked 50 in the world.
In a press release that accompanied the report, Dr.
- Hurricane Michael grows stronger on way to Florida
- Pipeline explodes near Prince George, B.C.: RCMP
- Crew Safe After Soyuz Launch Abort
- Trump 'demanding' answers on Khashoggi
- Kanye: 'Trump hat made me feel like Superman'
- Roberts refers complaints about Kavanaugh to federal judges in Colorado
- Facebook announces video communication devices amidst rising security breach concerns
- Brexit deal 'within reach' says Barnier
- Samsung Unveils The First Smartphone With Four Cameras
- Kanye West defends support for Trump, in front of Trump