Kanye West continues to cook up a storm in the media, mostly due to his support and affiliation with the president, Donald Trump, who most in the entertainment industry despise and frequently criticize.
West spoke to reporters for almost 10 minutes in the Oval Office. It's attractive though! But there's times where, you know, it's something about - I love Hillary.
"You made a Superman cape for me", he told Trump.
"I'm totally open. If we can do it a different way, Kanye, I'm totally open but they all - we all agree that we have to do something", Trump said. "There was something about when I put this hat on it made me feel like Superman".
Referring to a prisoner whose case he is raising with the president, West said, "Really, the reason why they imprisoned him is because he started doing positive for the community".
West replied: "It was from the soul. And we met, and I just appreciate it very much".
He's also locked in a dispute with several black NFL football players who have knelt down during the playing of the U.S. national anthem to protest racial inequality.
West said many people believe that, if you're black, you have to be a Democrat and said he was pressured not to wear his red hat.
"What I need "Saturday Night Live" to improve on or the liberals to improve on", West said, "is if he don't look good, we don't look good".
Mr Trump won 8 percent of the African-American vote in 2016.
He told reporters: "Trump is on his hero's journey right now". Kanye "could speak for me anytime he wants", he added.
"It is boring, it's not as exciting as this", he said gesturing towards his mobile phone.
At one point, West pulled out his iPhone to show the president a few illustrations of a hydrogen-powered plane that he said could replace Air Force One.
Another panel member, Tara Setmayer, called West the "token Negro of the Trump administration". "We solved one of the biggest problems".
The rapper also spoke against stop-and-frisk policing policies, which Trump recently expressed support for.
Which is the closest I have ever felt to the President - because I was feeling all those same things watching the rapper and the celebrity President interact in front of the cameras.
- Selena Gomez is Seeking Treatment at Mental Health Facility
- Hurricane Michael grows stronger on way to Florida
- Markets Right Now: US stocks slump on day of wide swings
- Pipeline explodes near Prince George, B.C.: RCMP
- Facebook announces video communication devices amidst rising security breach concerns
- China, Russia push to ease N. Korea sanctions as Seoul mulls options
- Kanye West defends support for Trump, in front of Trump
- Trump 'demanding' answers on Khashoggi
- Kanye: 'Trump hat made me feel like Superman'
- Trump says Federal Reserve ‘has gone crazy’ after big stock drop