According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, sources say Butler "verbally challenged" several teammates, coaches and members of the front office, and was "vociferous and emotional at times", as he targeted head coach Tom Thibodeau, general manager Scott Layden, Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins. "You can't win without me", Butler reportedly screamed at Layden.
It was Butler's first practice with the team since requesting a trade three weeks ago.
Minnesota was reportedly willing to trade Butler to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday, but the Rockets were unwilling to part with PJ Tucker.
Butler's preferred trade destination is the Miami Heat, but talks between the two sides have broken down.
Jimmy Butler rejoined the Minnesota Timberwolves. Owner Glen Taylor reportedly has told the team to trade him, but Thibodeau, who's also the president of basketball operations, has resisted and wants to persuade Butler to stay for the final year of his deal.
"[Taylor] could have escaped his Butler nightmare by accepting a package from Miami that would have been headlined by the promising Heat swingman Josh Richardson and a protected first-round pick", Stein wrote in his latest mailbag column. Since then, he hadn't reported to Wolves practice or participated in preseason games until Wednesday. He can become a free agent at season's end.
The good news for Minnesota is that Jimmy Butler attended a team practice on Wednesday.
What did they expect, Butler to come in and play nice?
- Mohamed Salah Has Received 53% Of Votes To Win The Balon d'Or
- PSN ID change feature entering beta, publicly available in 2019
- Tropical Storm Michael looms over Gulf of Mexico, could become hurricane
- Robert Kirkman will pay to finish Walking Dead game
- Man to be freed in slain Bulgarian journalist investigation
- Rage Against The Machine, Def Leppard Make 2019 Rock Hall Ballot
- XXXTentacion's Mom Accepts Post-Humous Award at 2018 AMAs
- Americans win economics Nobel Prize for work on climate and growth
- DUP’s Foster challenges May with 'blood red lines' over new Brexit ‘backstop’
- She gone: Google+ network closes indefinitely after security breach