Virgin Founder and all around legend Sir Richard Branson said: " Integrating mindfulness into our everyday lives is just as important as eating well and exercising regularly, and in I am so excited to see Virgin Australia deeply embedding mindfulness into the workplace and onboard flights".
He admitted that it has taken him "at least seven years longer than I thought it would" for Virgin Galactic to reach this point, but he says the countdown is on for the first spaceship, which will take off in a matter of weeks. And then we will be in space with myself in months and not years, ' he said.
Sir Richard said that learning the art of delegation might address Musk's "one flaw" - his controversial Twitter rants.
The next logical step is reaching space in the craft.
Sir Richard's space firm Virgin Galactic is now locked in a battle with Musk's rocket company SpaceX to be the first to send paying tourists into space. Last year, Branson announced that he wanted his company in space, operating commercial flights, by the end of 2018. "It is up to us to produce as many spaceships as we can to cater with that demand". Despite the $US250,000 ($350,834) price tag, however, some 800 people have bought Virgin Galactic tickets since they went on sale almost 15 years ago.
A Virgin Galactic spacecraft can accommodate two astronauts who will pilot it, along with six paying passengers.
Virgin Galactic has so far this year completed three successful rocket-powered test flights of its latest SpaceShipTwo plane, VSS Unity, but the vehicle has yet to be tested at the target altitude of 62 miles. To date, no private company has delivered on its promise to send tourists into space. From early next year, passengers will be able to identify as having feelings of travel-related anxiety before they fly, leading to personalised communications in the lead up to their journey, and face to dace interactions while onboard the aircraft.
Branson's comments, it needs to be said, should be taken with a grain of salt.
- Robbie Williams' daughter confirmed as Princess Eugenie's bridesmaid
- Roberts refers ethics complaints against Kavanaugh to federal judges
- North Texas Children Among Those With Rare Polio-Like Illness
- Erdogan: Saudis must prove missing reporter left consulate
- Trump suggests the climate may actually be 'fabulous' after ominous United Nations report
- CC Sabathia Criticized Angel Hernandez After The Yankees' Elimination
- Fabinho insists he is adapting well at Liverpool
- Google Chromecast Gets an Upgrade, Google Home Support
- New Banksy auction confirmed with promise no works will shred or explode
- Hurricane slams Florida panhandle, Georgia — WHAT'S HAPPENING