But will that be the reality?
You got three rear cameras? Putting two and two together and coming up four makes us fairly positive that the leaks are legitimate. Let us know in the comments.
The third sensor is the main camera with 24-megapixel resolution and f/1.7 aperture.
Performance-wise, the A9 model featured in the Geekbench tests managed to score 1609 points in single-core mode and 5844 in multi-core mode, results that are in-line with other handhelds powered by the Snapdragon 660 SoC. The Galaxy A9 (2018) simply managed to be the first real-world product to do it. Do you think Samsung will be able to pull it off?
Whether the four cameras can produce respectable pictures, however, is another story.
Samsung has announced its new Galaxy A9 handset, which includes a quadruple camera system capable of nearly every smartphone photography trick in the book.
The Galaxy A9 (2018) might not be a flagship, but it keeps pace with its more powerful siblings in more than a few ways.
There's a rear fingerprint scanner too, plus a headphone jack and USB-C port on the base of the A9. Bezels around the sides are kept to a minimum, and there is no notch in sight. The phone is backed by a 3,800mAh battery.
Even the looks are subjectively better than the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus'.
Galaxy A9 arrives in three colours; Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue and Bubblegum Pink. That will be situated on top of the depth camera at the very bottom, one that has 5MP, F2.2, and feature "live focus".
The latest addition to the mid-range Samsung Galaxy A series of smartphones comes hot off the heels of the Galaxy A7 announced just weeks ago.
How much those four cameras are worth it to you will likely come down in price. In Europe, it will start at €599 / £549 (between $700-$725), with the 8GB variant sure to be a little more.
Samsung states that the Galaxy A9 will be available in select markets starting from November but did not care to divulge the pricing details right now.
The story is breaking and will be updated shortly...
- USA may grant waivers on Iran crude sanctions
- Samantha Markle Turned Away By Kensington Palace Security
- 'The Fed has gone crazy': Trump points finger for Wall Street tumble
- British pair among five dead in Majorca flash floods
- Where do things stand with Jimmy Butler's trade request?
- Trump declares Kavanaugh 'proven innocent', internet calls him out
- First Trailer for Stephen King's PET SEMATARY Drips with Tension and Suspense
- Robbie Williams' daughter confirmed as Princess Eugenie's bridesmaid
- Google Chromecast Gets an Upgrade, Google Home Support
- Fabinho insists he is adapting well at Liverpool