Despite taking on a key leadership role at the World Cup, a growing rift between Pogba and Mourinho saw the France global stripped of the United vice-captaincy last month.
The 25-year-old midfielder was informed last month that he will never skipper the Red Devils again after openly criticising his manager's tactics. Yes, I think there are things that should not be done from the players' side and from the manager and above.
"For us, it was the best trophy you can win as a footballer", the Frenchman admitted. And now I think I'm a little more open, I express myself a little more. As a leader you can talk on the pitch, but I have seen leaders who do not necessarily speak.
"I think he has done it on objective, and I don't think that is right", he said.
Hugo Lloris lifted the trophy in Moscow in mid-July as Didier Deschamps' captain, and Pogba said he would continue being an influential figure in the squad even if he never replaced the Tottenham goalkeeper. "I don't want to be mixed up with anything and to interfere with any player's relationship with their coach", Deschamps summed up.
Mourinho's public confirmation that he had erased Pogba from his list of vice-captains highlighted the discord between the United boss and his club record signing, but the midfielder has now offered up what will be viewed as his first public comments on leadership.
He was punished after demanding United "attack, attack, attack" following a 1-1 draw with Wolves.
"I've never played in the France team to be captain, being here is already a big thing for me", he said.
It seems Pogba's comments acted as the last straw for Mourinho who reportedly told him in front of other team mates during a training session that he would be stripped off captain duties.
- Trump declares Kavanaugh 'proven innocent', internet calls him out
- First Trailer for Stephen King's PET SEMATARY Drips with Tension and Suspense
- Robert Kirkman will pay to finish Walking Dead game
- Updates, tracking resources as storm makes landfall
- USA may grant waivers on Iran crude sanctions
- Samsung launches world’s first four-camera smartphone
- Hurricane Michael: Videos show destruction in US
- Donald Trump says USA 'demanding' answers over disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi
- Rocket failure forces astronauts to make emergency landing
- Tropical Storm Michael forms in Caribbean, eyes Gulf Coast