Many have touted the Anfield side for Premier League glory this season, having spent £225m in 2018.
Barkley was part of the 2014 World Cup squad as a 20-year-old but he now feels like he has matured as a footballer and is back where he belongs after being called up for the UEFA Nations League games against Croatia and Spain.
The Chelsea man came through a hard end to his Everton days as well as a serious hamstring injury at the start of his Stamford Bridge career to establish himself in the first-team picture under Maurizio Sarri, and he feels he deserves to be back in the squad after maturing on and off the pitch. "I would like to have taken it".
So yes, it's great to be back again with England and I just want to keep improving and keep it going, starting with this week's games.
A Liverpudlian, who joined Everton as a schoolboy, Barkley's departure from Goodison Park, as he ran his contract down, was a drawn out and painful affair, but one he has put behind him.
But after losing on his three previous visits to Anfield as City boss, Guardiola took the positives from taking a point from one of the few venues the champions were defeated last season.
Despite finishing fifth last season, Chelsea look completely reinvigorated under new manager Maurizio Sarri.
"He is inspirational. He's a magnificent player".
Hazard said recently that he considers Real Madrid his "dream" club, but Barkley is hoping for some more time with the Belgian winger. He's been at Chelsea for a long time now, he's achieved so much but I can't speak for Eden, he knows in his mind what he wants.
"Obviously they were a bit cautious ofthe way we play and I think we have earned that respect, but they still pressed and still tried to play their game".
England's run to the last four in Russian Federation was their best performance at a World Cup since 1990 when Paul Gascoigne shone, with Barkley's playing style seeing him likened to the former Three Lions star.
"It's tough times for the boys, eh?" I'm happy, confident and going in the right direction.
"Somebody asked me: 'Is the level of the game because of the intensity?' Already in the question, there is criticism; it could have been better if you were fresher".
"I feel I'm better equipped now".
- Google Chromecast Gets an Upgrade, Google Home Support
- PSN ID change feature entering beta, publicly available in 2019
- China Pumps $109 Billion Into Economy Amid Trade War With US
- British pair among five dead in Majorca flash floods
- USA may grant waivers on Iran crude sanctions
- Mental health services for young fail to live up to the promise
- Trump declares Kavanaugh 'proven innocent', internet calls him out
- Hubble in 'safe mode', but science operations suspended
- First Trailer for Stephen King's PET SEMATARY Drips with Tension and Suspense
- DUP’s Foster challenges May with 'blood red lines' over new Brexit ‘backstop’