Her dreams of spending the rest of her life with Kendall were shattered in November 2017, when an alleged drunk driver hit and killed him.
An Indiana woman who was planning a wedding with her groom-to-be for this September instead wound up celebrating alone. Things took a tragic turn when Murphy perished last November after he was hit by a auto driven by a fellow firefighter while responding to an accident near their home, according to Global News on October 8.
A volunteer firefighter and former high school basketball coach, Murphy was a popular member of his local community of Loogootee, Indiana.
As Kendall opened the passenger door of his auto to get his protective gear, he was struck by the speeding vehicle and died immediately.
The heart-wrenching pictures taken by Loving Life Photography show her go through a number of emotions. She thought it would be a good way to honor Kendall and help Jessica with the healing process.
To Padgett's surpise the whole wedding party ended up at the two-hour shoot.
About 10 months later, though, when their planned wedding date arrived, Padgett still put on her white dress.
Ms Knepp shared the photos on Facebook with the caption: "It's hard when you miss someone".
'She made broken look lovely and strong look invincible. "I wanted to be where he was", said Jessica.
The site of Murphy's grave.
The Montgomery Fire Station and St. Peter Catholic Church helped "paint the town red" to honor Kendall.
The touching photos were taken by Mandi Knepp of * a href="https://www.facebook.com/Loving-Life-Photography-142206792609300/?tn-str=k*F" *Loving Life Photography and posted on Facebook.
This past Sunday, Kendall and four other firefighters were honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service in Washington DC.
- Trump says Federal Reserve ‘has gone crazy’ after big stock drop
- Google Chromecast Gets an Upgrade, Google Home Support
- International Monetary Fund to launch financial assistance talks with Pakistan
- Nick Kyrgios self-destructs again at the Rolex Shanghai Masters
- WHAT'S HAPPENING: Historic Hurricane Michael hits Florida
- 'The Fed has gone crazy': Trump points finger for Wall Street tumble
- Fabinho insists he is adapting well at Liverpool
- Robbie Williams' daughter confirmed as Princess Eugenie's bridesmaid
- Google picks principles over $10bn Pentagon deal
- Trump 'demanding' answers on Khashoggi