The 49-year-old entertainer showed off some major skin in a flowing pink gown and sky-high black heels as she stepped out for the awards show.
"Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values", the "Bad Blood" singer added.
Swift made history by becoming the most decorated woman in the show's history with a total of 23 AMAs.
For the month of October so far, 153,978 people have registered to vote.
Taylor Swift reportedly caused a spike in voter registrations both nationwide and in Tennessee when she broke her political silence Monday on Instagram, and the singer talked about politics again Tuesday at the American Music Awards.
Post Malone, who wore a baby blue suit and performed, won favourite pop/rock male artist, Underwood was named favourite country female artist, Khalid picked up favourite soul/R&B male artist, and Kane Brown won favourite country male artist. Swift was accepting the award for artist of the year when she urged viewers to vote.
'If you believe in equality for women, for people of color, the LGBTQ community; if you believe climate change is real and we need to do something about it.
"'I always look at albums as chapters in my life", she continued.
Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. "When I was pregnant, I was so influenced to be, like, 'Yo, I got to do this, I got to show people wrong". Other performers included Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez and Missy Elliott.
- Florida St. Withdraws from Tri-Meet as Hurricane Michael Approaches
- Antonio Brown Sued for Allegedly Throwing Furniture Off Balcony, Nearly Hitting Toddler
- Pompeo wants 'thorough' Saudi probe of journalist's disappearance
- Zookeeper dies after 'tiger attack' in Japan
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang makes confident prediction about Arsenal FC form
- World Mental Health Day 2018
- Ousted Guardians of the Galaxy director switches camps, tied to new DC Comics film
- #ChargeGate and 5GHz WiFi fix for iPhone XS is out now
- USA ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley reportedly set to resign
- Saudi Arabia unable to replace lost Iranian oil - Iran’s oil minister