"A child can suffer enormous stress due to small reasons like getting scolded or bullied in school, disputes between parents and even day-to-day pressure like forcing for a haircut", said Dr Arjun Raj Kunwar, child and adolescent psychiatrist at Kanti Children's Hospital.
Mrs Doyle-Price, whose title is now Minister for Mental Health, Inequalities and Suicide Prevention, said: 'I understand how tragic, devastating and long-lasting the effect of suicide can be on families and communities.
World Health Organization in a press statement released on Tuesday called for regular checks for symptoms of mental illnesses beginning at a young age.
WHO, in its recommendations, called for the integration of mental health into primary healthcare.
According to the global agency, 10 to 20 per cent of children and adolescents worldwide suffer from mental disorders. "Similarly, lack of mental health centre for children is another challenge", said Dr Kunwar.
Around 4,500 people take their lives every year in England and suicide remains the leading cause of death among men under the age of 45.
Mental disorders are estimated to cost the global community almost $2.5 trillion each year - and those costs are increasing.
They explained that the adolescence and the early years of adulthood are a time of change- moving schools, leaving home, and starting work.
Other factors identified as compounding stress in adolescents are the expanding online technologies which undoubtedly bring many benefits, but can also exert additional pressure when people feel the need to be constantly connected.
For World Mental Health Day, musician and activist Lady Gaga helped to pen a powerful essay in The Guardian on the "emergency" of mental health crises and suicide around the world right now. We respond to more than five million requests for help a year.
You can get involved by reading the WFMH report about all the issues young people are facing today, donating to mental health charities such as YoungMinds, and sharing stories on social media with the #WorldMentalHealthDay tag.
Against this background, Wheeler said greater efforts must be made to "help young people build mental resilience".
- Black Ops 4 Has a 50 GB Update If You're Buying Physical
- Robert Kirkman will pay to finish Walking Dead game
- Why You Absolutely Need to get a Flu Shot This Year
- Tropical Storm Michael looms over Gulf of Mexico, could become hurricane
- Liveblog: Google’s Pixel 3 launch event at 11am ET Tuesday, October 9
- DUP’s Foster challenges May with 'blood red lines' over new Brexit ‘backstop’
- Brits brace for 'the other' royal wedding
- China Pumps $109 Billion Into Economy Amid Trade War With US
- Melania Trump Says #MeToo Accusers 'Need to Show the Evidence'
- PSN ID change feature entering beta, publicly available in 2019