"We made it hard for them and they made it hard for us at times but that's how it is".
The usually unflappable Van Dijk was at fault for the one real incident when he lunged in on City substitute Leroy Sane and conceded a penalty, which Riyad Mahrez proceeded to blaze over the crossbar.
"City play Huddersfield and make six changes and win 6-0 and other teams can't do that".
"I don't think Arsenal", said Neville.
Statisticians analyse a wide range of shots from Premier League history and, based on factors including the distance from goal, the angle of the shot and the type of opportunity it is, they are able to assign an xG value (expressed as a percentage) to every attempt to determine just how good a chance it is. We tried to win but at the end we need to be happy - I need to be happy - that we didn't lose it because of the penalty.
Both London clubs have enjoyed impressive starts to the 2018-19 campaign, with Chelsea joint-top going into the second worldwide break of the season.
Liverpool are nine points better off than at the same stage last season, and Van Dijk remains satisfied, if not complacent.
"Up and down they are the best team in the world in these transitions, offensive, defensive, they are built for that".
But Mahrez looked nervous as he thumped the penalty high over the bar knowing one goal would have clinched the three points.
"You can not defend them over 95 minutes at 100 percent". And in no game we played so far, the game was level like it was today. The Gunners lost their first two matches of the season, against Manchester City and Chelsea, but Sunday's 5-1 demolition of Fulham was their ninth consecutive victory in all competitions.
"I've already learned a few things from him, but this is just the start". We were back on track even after we had to change Milly [James Milner] which you never want to do, especially in the first half.
"I think to keep a clean sheet after a penalty in the last five minutes makes me a very happy man", added the Dutchman.
- Wozniacki wins second China Open title; Del Potro stumbles
- Limo in New York Crash That Killed 20 Failed Inspection Last Month
- Osaka apologises to beaten Beijing opponent
- SpaceX First-Stage Rocket Returns to Vandenberg After Deploying SAOCOM 1A
- Brees becomes NFL's all-time passing leader
- British website says 2nd Russian blamed for Skripal poisoning is GRU doctor
- United Kingdom cyber security agency backs Apple, Amazon China hack denials
- Russian minority party wins Latvian vote; populists surge
- Saint John oil refinery explosion worries residents
- Ruby Rose debuts her sensational Batwoman costume for The CW