The bad news is that the Made By Google event - where Google will show off all its latest hardware devices - doesn't kick off until 2am October 10 in Australia. Reports starting surfacing a full month ago that Google was asking YouTubers for permission to use clips from Pixel 3 XL leak videos, so this strategy seems to have been in place for a full month. That includes many that rely on free software and apps such as the free Android operating system, which powers most of the world's mobile devices, as well as Google's search engine, Google Maps and YouTube.
The first Pixel devices reached 2.4 million shipments in the nine months ended June 30, 2017, the firm said.
The front of the two phones will be drastically different from the Pixel 2, though. Another device called Google Home Hub looks also set to be launched at the event, after Google inadvertently listed the device on its own website. The new Google Home Hub will come with a 7-inch screen with the speaker behind it, and it will compete directly with the newly launched Amazon Echo Show. Another new device that is now expected to get unveiled tomorrow is the Google Pixel Slate. Interestingly, the keyboard has a dedicated key to launch Google Assistant. The Google "Bonito" is actually one of Google's rumored Pixel phones, a small one, not the Pixel 3, but an even smaller one, more on that in a second. The "Google nocturne" model offered specifications such as an Intel Core i7-8500Y processor, 16 GB RAM, and a display resolution of 3000x2000.
A document filed with the FCC suggests that Google could be launching a revamped version of its Chromecast device, which lets users stream content on their TV.
Like last year's Pixel, the Pixel 3 won't have a headphone jack and Google is rumored to be bundling a pair of USB-C Pixel Buds in the box this year.
- Limo in New York Crash That Killed 20 Failed Inspection Last Month
- Kohli reaches 24th ton as India pass 500 against West Indies
- Brees becomes NFL's all-time passing leader
- Google's gadget show: Look for new phones, 'smart' home devices, more
- Israel PM, Russia President to meet over Syria
- USA dollar soars to Rs134 in interbank market
- Google Home Hub set to be available from October 22, claims leak
- Legend John Terry announces retirement from football, may become manager
- NASA staff working 24/7 to deal with Hubble space telescope issues
- United Kingdom cyber security agency backs Apple, Amazon China hack denials