"I don't want to say, "yes, I am signing a new contract" and then in the end I don't end up signing", the 27-year-old told the media. I don't think so [that I am shooting more] but when you score goals, you want to score even more goals. That's good. What might make me stay? It is a hard decision.
Barkley, who signed for Chelsea in January from Everton, bundled in the second with his knee from Olivier Giroud's acrobatic cross although TV replays suggested David Luiz had committed a foul in the build-up.
The Chelsea star also touched on Madrid, specifically the rumblings over his future in the summer and praised the club for its worldwide status.
Hazard said after the World Cup that "it might be time to discover something different" after six years at Chelsea, with Madrid his "preferred destination", but the Blues said he was not for sale and no formal offer was made. I saw Chelsea at West Ham a couple of weeks ago and I thought they played well in the game but West Ham could've taken it on the counter-attack.
Eden Hazard has said that Ross Barkley has the potential to go on to become one of the best midfielders in the world after his impressive display against Southampton on Sunday. I don't want to say that I am not talking (at all) with the club or the owner.
"It is my dream since I was a kid".
"I feel I still have a lot of football left in me but it is now up to the club". So I will see. When it is time to enjoy, then he wants us to enjoy.
Chelsea dominated for large parts of the opening 20 minutes and they were camped in the Southampton half, but they were unable to register a clear attempt at goal.
Hazard said: 'You can see on the pitch that he is very strong. Although he reiterated his desire to play for Madrid at some stage, it is not a given that he will push for a transfer next summer.
Let us know in the comments.
Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool now make up the top three spots in the table and are only separated by goal difference.
With Jorginho outstanding, they dominated Southampton in a manner that underlined just how much has changed at both clubs since their last meeting in April. "It is not like if I go I am happy and if I stay that I am unhappy". At the moment, I am just shooting and scoring goals. "Then I am happy". He is talking a lot with the players.
- Facebook wants you to invite its cameras into your homes, pledges privacy
- Bulgarian journalist investigating European Union corruption found brutally murdered
- McConnell says he's open to Supreme Court nomination in 2020
- Khabib Nurmagomedov's UFC 229 paycheck withheld after post-match brawl
- Microsoft Suspends Windows 10 Update Rollout After Users Report Deleted Files
- Sen. Hirono: Dems should focus on midterms, not on impeaching Kavanaugh
- Planet has only until 2030 to stem catastrophic climate change, experts warn
- Brazilians prepare to vote after months of presidential election drama
- Trump Rails Against ‘Evil’ Opposition to Brett Kavanaugh: ‘A Disgraceful Situation’
- Ballon d'Or 2018: Alisson and Benzema among first five nominees