The barrier draw was today held in confidence by Racing NSW stewards and the results will be kept private until they are beamed onto the Opera House sails.
An image from the Racing NSW submission to the Opera House.
Alan Jones has this morning apologised on his 2GB Breakfast show for comments he made in an interview with Opera House CEO Louise Herron last week.
But on Tuesday morning, Jones backed down.
Broadcaster Alan Jones now says he regrets his comments.
Petition organiser and Sydney father Mike Woodcock hopes Premier Gladys Berejiklian will accept the petition he started on Friday, after the coalition overturned a decision by Opera House management to reject the plan.
The forecourt and surrounding areas of the Opera House were packed with onlookers and people looking to make a stand against the use of the building to promote race colours, barrier draw numbers and The Everest Trophy for the lucrative event.
More than 265,000 people have signed a petition calling on the NSW government to reverse its decision to allow the advertisement.
Controversy has raged ever since it emerged the Opera House was going to be used to help promote The Everest, which is billed as the world's richest turf race and is a massive drawcard for tourism in NSW.
Almost 3000 people are expected to attend and plan to disrupt the Everest projection with torches and mobile phone lights.
The team also projected their message onto the fronts of the NSW Art Gallery and NSW Parliament House.
The Racing NSW promo is set to appear on the side of the Sydney Opera House on Tuesday evening.
- Sam Cane: New Zealand flanker to miss autumn Tests after fracturing neck
- United Nations report calls for urgent action to avert catastrophic climate change
- David Moyes backs Jose Mourinho to succeed at Manchester United
- Legend John Terry announces retirement from football, may become manager
- Donald Trump: Sex assault claims against Brett Kavanaugh 'a hoax'
- Published images of the first tablet Google
- Brazil markets soar on strong first-round vote for Bolsonaro
- The Whiteboard: Who has the leverage in Jimmy Butler trade talks?
- Saudi source denies journalist Khashoggi was killed at consulate in Istanbul
- Amazon starts listing Core i9 9900K preorder at 499 Dollars