Some reports speculate that the issue has something to do with use or non-use of Microsoft's OneDrive software, but there doesn't seem to be any simple way to predict whether a particular system or user will have an issue.
"We have paused the rollout of the update while we continue to investigate reports from some customers", a Microsoft spokesperson tells Business Insider. By the way, are not destroyed Ira's and media files and important documents, spreadsheets. Unfortunately for many, the latest update means file deletion and for gamers specifically? Since the Windows 10 October Update rolled out a handful of other bugs have also been discovered, including a compatibility issue with some Intel device drivers and inaccurate CPU usage numbers in the Task Manager. Sure, Windows 10 goes through the motions of shutting down.
Millions of people help Microsoft test Windows 10, but the company has struggled with the quality of Windows updates recently.
In an updated support document today, October 6, the operating system manufacturer in Redmond announced that it had made this decision after users complained about deleting version 1809 files after the update.
Microsoft starts deploying Windows Update on October 10, 2018. The upgrade became available during the company's Surface event on Tuesday, but in the days that followed, numerous users across the web reported that the transition deleted massive chunks of data.
Unfortunately, as Windows Central points out, we do not appear to have reproduction steps for this issue, which makes it harder for the public to avoid while still updating and harder for Microsoft to fix.
Microsoft has been a name in the field of softwares, electronics, computers as well as related devices from quite a time and every time a new update is unfolded, it promises something bigger and better.
Windows Central remarks that although Windows often saves its old installation and a copy of user settings into C:\Windows.old, some users dug there in hopes of finding their lost data only to come up empty-handed. Reverting to your previous Windows version will also be ineffective as your files will not be recovered.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov's UFC 229 paycheck withheld after post-match brawl
- Fans thrilled with female Dr Who premiere
- Ballon d'Or 2018: Alisson and Benzema among first five nominees
- Google shutting down Google
- Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL launch
- Facebook wants you to invite its cameras into your homes, pledges privacy
- Brazil markets soar on strong first-round vote for Bolsonaro
- Microsoft pauses Windows 10 update after files disappear
- Planet has only until 2030 to stem catastrophic climate change, experts warn
- McConnell says he's open to Supreme Court nomination in 2020