Now? Jose Mourinho's side are nowhere near.
Statisticians analyse a wide range of shots from Premier League history and, based on factors including the distance from goal, the angle of the shot and the type of opportunity it is, they are able to assign an xG value (expressed as a percentage) to every attempt to determine just how good a chance it is.
"It was not smart from me personally and hopefully it will never happen again", he said. Where City have faced a fixture against a team just promoted from the Championship (Wolves, Fulham and Cardiff), last season's data has been taken from the fixture against the team relegated to make way for them (Swansea, West Brom and Stoke).
He was very impressive for Belgium at the World Cup and has carried on in this campaign where he left off in Russian Federation - he was sensational again on Sunday to help his side beat Southampton.
Liverpool are nine points better off than at the same stage last season, and Van Dijk remains satisfied, if not complacent.
I also have my concerns about Sarri's side defensively, namely with David Luiz playing in a four-man defence.
"So there is a long way to go and there will be a lot of teams competing but we hope we are one of them". Clearly, from the way they set up, neither of them wanted to be beaten, rather than both going looking for the win.
Liverpool have been urged to sign a natural playmaker to bolster their ranks after their lack of creative edge was exposed in the tiresome draw with champions Manchester City.
"Now the players go off and play the Nations League which is the most senseless competition in the world of football", said Klopp, who urged the soccer authorities to look at the issue of players being overused.
In the end he was proved correct, because while Jesus was not guaranteed to score, Mahrez missed his penalty spectacularly, a miss which was his fifth out of the last eight penalties he's taken.
But despite their scintillating form, Neville doubts Arsenal or Chelsea will challenge Manchester City and Liverpool for the title. He had a couple of decent openings on Sunday, but failed to really test Ederson.
- Brazilians prepare to vote after months of presidential election drama
- Bulgarian journalist investigating European Union corruption found brutally murdered
- Microsoft Suspends Windows 10 Update Rollout After Users Report Deleted Files
- Schoharie Limousine Crash Victims Include 18 Birthday Party Attendees
- Trump Rails Against ‘Evil’ Opposition to Brett Kavanaugh: ‘A Disgraceful Situation’
- Planet has only until 2030 to stem catastrophic climate change, experts warn
- Sen. Hirono: Dems should focus on midterms, not on impeaching Kavanaugh
- Real Madrid dream still alive for Hazard
- Florida governor says Tropical Storm Michael 'life-threatening'
- United Nations report calls for urgent action to avert catastrophic climate change