Fast bowler Alzarri Joseph, who is on the road back from a stress fracture of the back he suffered late a year ago, has been included for the ODIs pending a fitness test. Joseph was included in the Test squad for India too, before being ruled out after two fitness assessments. Here's a glimpse into the 2nd Test match which would be played between the hosts and visitors in the form of India vs West Indies 2nd Test Preview. "It was a very balanced game for us".
Ravindra Jadeja, who scored his maiden global century during India's only innings, took the final wicket of Shannon Gabriel for four as the hosts celebrated an utterly dominant win over the former cricketing powerhouse.
# Devendra Bishoo, the next man on the crease will be looking to provide some valuable support to Royston Chase who is looking good having brought up his half-century, West Indies 157/7 after 42 overs.
The match will also be remembered for Kohli's 139 during which the world's top batsman became the quickest to reach 24 Test centuries after the great Donald Bradman.
West Indies lost 14 wickets on the second day.
West Indies will begin day three trailing by 555 runs and facing an uphill task to avoid an innings defeat against India's spin-heavy attack on a pitch already offering turn. From the three centurions Shaw, Jadeja and Kohli to Kuldeep Yadav's fiver in the first innings and Ashwin's four-wicket haul in the second innings, there were plenty of positives for the Indians to take back from the match.
"I genuinely believed there would be more fight and partnerships from West Indies in the second innings", Ashwin said.
Keiron Powell was the lone performer for West Indies, scoring 89 runs, but Yadav ended his stint and derailed whatever hope that was left for Windies.
Jadeja cleaned up the tail with 3-35, with Shannon Gabriel caught at long-on for the final wicket, as the tourists were bowled out twice in under 100 overs. Ashwin, surpassed the legendary Allan Donald in terms of Test wickets and now holds 333 scalps in 63 Tests played to date. At the time when they needed to hold the ground, they went for reckless shots that proved costly eventually.
- Legend John Terry announces retirement from football, may become manager
- Liverpool set to break 40-year-old record after Man City result
- United Nations report calls for urgent action to avert catastrophic climate change
- Could Susan Rice challenge Susan Collins in 2020?
- Schoharie Limousine Crash Victims Include 18 Birthday Party Attendees
- The Whiteboard: Who has the leverage in Jimmy Butler trade talks?
- Google Pixel 3 XL Goes On Sale Before Official Launch
- Sam Cane: New Zealand flanker to miss autumn Tests after fracturing neck
- Opera House illumination time changed to avoid protesters
- Brees: 'Mind-boggling' that all-time passing yards record is in reach