Now, new details have been released, which may shed some light on what led to the alleged incident.
The Post-Gazette noted that neither Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, nor the Steelers had a comment on the lawsuit.
His apartment had been cleaned, which he claimed he did not authorize.
The station also reports that a second lawsuit has been filed by the landlord regarding damage to Brown's unit and furniture inside. Sternberg claims Brown threw them from the apartment balcony and "Mr".
The women denied taking the cash and the gun - and insinuated it could have been other people who were in the house in the days before Brown left for his trip.
On April 24, Brown called police to the apartment for a reported theft.
Cops say Brown was not arrested for the incident - but the complex told them they would initiate eviction proceedings to kick him out. The suit further alleges that Brown was "extremely agitated, acting aggressively, and yelling at security personnel when the Sunny Isles police arrived to the scene". A glass coffee table was broken along with other items.
The incident was investigated by security personnel, who determined Brown was responsible for throwing the objects. The victim in one of the lawsuits claims a 22-month-old child was almost hit by an item thrown from the balcony.
In the lawsuit, Sternberg alleges the pieces of furniture included two very large vases and a heavy ottoman.
But, when cops showed up to his apartment, Brown said, "I found the car" and closed the door in their faces.
Brown also caused extensive damage to his own unit "in a fit of rage", the lawsuit says.
- Seoul says Kim Jong Un wants Pope Francis to visit N. Korea
- Pompeo wants 'thorough' Saudi probe of journalist's disappearance
- Tuchel: Record-breaking Mbappe could've scored seven goals
- SpaceX First-Stage Rocket Returns to Vandenberg After Deploying SAOCOM 1A
- Israel PM, Russia President to meet over Syria
- United Kingdom cyber security agency backs Apple, Amazon China hack denials
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang makes confident prediction about Arsenal FC form
- Zookeeper dies after 'tiger attack' in Japan
- #ChargeGate and 5GHz WiFi fix for iPhone XS is out now
- Bobby Lashley turned heel on WWE Monday Night Raw