De La Hoya's account seemed to blame McGregor fans for the incident, which was caused when Khabib targetted Dillon Danis in the crowd.
He went on to complain bitterly about McGregor's behaviour in the lead-up to the fight that exacerbated the bad blood between the two teams.
Abdelaziz, who McGregor had called a "terrorist" in the build up to Saturday, suggested his fighter had been provoked by the comments the Irishman had made prior to them meeting in the octagon. "I know this is not my best side", said Khabib. He came to Brooklyn and he broke a bus, he nearly killed a couple of people.
Nurmagomedov (27-0), after defeating McGregor in the fourth round by rear-naked chokehold in a dominant exhibition of his wrestling skill, was hardly contrite in a brief news-conference appearance. "Why people talk about I jumped on the cage?"
"This is a respectful sport, not a trash-talking sport".
UFC president Dana White implemented a later start time when Michael Bisping fought in Manchester, delaying the fight to 3am. "I want to change the game, you can not talk about religion, about nationality".
The Irish hero was not required to fulfil his post-fight media duties after being allowed to leave the T-Mobile Arena in the wake of the melee.
While UFC 229 was majorly overshadowed by the post-fight brawl that took place after the main event, fight night performance bonuses were still issued after the event. The fight saw Ferguson win due to a corner stoppage in the second round over Pettis.
"When the governor's in the room and goes running out. the governor oversees the commission, so I'm sure it's going to be ugly", White said. "Looking forward to the rematch".
- Brett Kavanaugh Gets Key Votes To Secure Supreme Court Seat
- Mahrez miss leaves City, Liverpool and Chelsea all level at top
- Arsenal legend praises Pogba contribution in Manchester United comeback win
- Pence paints China as enemy in USA election
- McConnell says Kavanaugh fight will help Republicans in November
- Gano makes 63-yard game-winning FG vs. Giants
- Bottas willing to accept further team orders
- 20 killed in limo crash in upstate NY
- Rangers have ‘blown the title race wide open’ says Steven Gerrard
- Windies totter after Kohli, Jadeja hundreds