South Korea's LG Electronics Inc said on Friday its third-quarter operating profit likely rose 44.4 percent from the same period a year earlier, slightly below analysts' estimates.
The turnover for the period is expected to reach 65 trillion won, said Samsung Electronics, the world's leading manufacturer of smartphones and memory chips. That beat the previous record of 15.6 trillion won in Q1, 2018. Preliminary operating profit climbed 20.4 percent to 17.5 trillion won ($15.5 billion) on a 4.8 percent gain in revenue, in line with market expectations. Lower than expected sales of its flagship Galaxy S9 ensured this prediction came to pass, with the quarter bringing Samsung's slowest profit growth in more than a year.
Although the guidance report did not give details on the earning performance of each business, market experts believe the company's record-breaking performance was due to the company's semiconductors.
It was the biggest-ever quarterly profit in the company's history, surpassing the market expectations of around 17.2 trillion won (15.3 billion US dollars).Читайте также: Brett Kavanaugh Has Been Confirmed To The Supreme Court
As indicated by Bloomberg and Reuters, however, the chip division is as yet its greatest business, on account of solid interest from data centers for distributed computing. Last year, Huawei recorded a 32% increase in device sales, to about 237.2 billion Chinese yuan ($30 billion). The division has been posting losses since the second quarter of 2017.
Nevertheless, analysts have sounded concern about the current lack of innovation in the smartphone industry. However, it's reasonable to assume that Samsung's display business played a big role.
While the company hasn't yet broken down the finances behind this monster quarter, Daiwa Capital Markets analyst SK Kim claims that Samsung's work on the new iPhones has been a major profit driver. "[Samsung Electronics] is facing a slowdown on earnings momentum, as DRAM prices has been falling since the fourth quarter". It was up 11.2 percent from the prior quarter.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Turkey concludes Saudi journalist killed by ‘murder’ team, sources say
- High-flying Yankees: Victory sets up ALDS with Red Sox
- These Are All of Brett Kavanaugh's Lies
- Manchester United go two down against Newcastle inside 10 minutes
- Interpol asks China for info on agency’s missing president
- Toddler in Utah shreds more than $1000 in cash
- San Diego delegates, voters react to Kavanaugh confirmation
- Melania Trump loses footing with elephant, but not with kids
- First lady talks Trump, Twitter as she tours the pyramids in Egypt
- Neville lays into United boardroom over Mourinho report