Once the tropical wave is upgraded it a tropical storm it will be named Michael.
"The associated showers and thunderstorms show signs of organization, however, the system does not yet have a well-defined circulation". Right now, there is just a low-end chance for tropical storm-force wind across our area.
A hurricane center graphic showed the disturbance gaining storm-level winds of over 39 miles per hour on Monday and maintaining those speeds as it potentially hits the Florida coast east of Pensacola on Wednesday. The Mexican government issued a Tropical Storm Watch for the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula from Tulum to Cabo Catoche.
If the system takes that path, southeast Louisiana can expect 1-3 inches of rain and higher-than-normal-tides Monday through Wednesday, Cranford said.
As of Saturday it was moving north and posed a 90 percent chance of development within five days. So far, it is forecast to make landfall somewhere between the MS coast and the Big Bend in Florida.
The 8 PM forecast shows continued movement north through the Gulf of Mexico.
This disturbance will continue to bring torrential rains to portions of Belize, the Yucatan peninsula, and western Cuba into next week.
Once this system gets thrown eastward by a cold front, however, we could be looking at some real fall air next weekend.
- Eden Hazard reveals reason behind his resurgence under Maurizio Sarri
- Mourinho on Man Utd fight-back: Rashford was sad; McTominay scared
- N tables resolution in Punjab Assembly condemning Shehbazs arrest
- India inks deal for S-400 purchase from Russian Federation on Putin's visit
- Khabib Nurmagomedov v Conor McGregor: The Eagle will test Mac's questionable stamina
- Manchester United go two down against Newcastle inside 10 minutes
- Trump "Very Proud" After Senate Sends Kavanaugh Nomination to Vote
- Dybala’s hat trick helps Juventus beat Young Boys 3-0
- Neville lays into United boardroom over Mourinho report
- US Senate confirms Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court justice