Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who sparred with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh at his Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Thursday over the issue of drinking alcohol, said Friday that if she were appearing before him in court and acted as he did toward her, "he would have thrown me out". Klobuchar's father is an alcoholic. The federal judge's drinking habits were under the microscope: Ford alleges Kavanaugh was visibly intoxicated during the assault, and a wealth of evidence indicates he traveled in hard-drinking social circles in high school and college.
Klobuchar: Drinking is one thing, but the concern is about truthfulness and in your written testimony you said sometimes you had too many drinks.
Klobuchar: So you're saying there's never been a chance where you drank so much that you didn't remember what happened the night before or part of what happened?
"Yeah, and I'm curious if you have", Kavanaugh said.Читайте также: Graham plans to explain Kavanaugh delay to Trump
"When I heard the sanctimonious talk about some kind of 'political strategy, ' well, I'll give you Exhibit A: Merrick Garland, who was delayed for almost ten months", she said. "Yes, we drank beer", he said. "You have - that's not happened, is that your answer?"
Klobuchar asked Kavanaugh about his drinking. Klobuchar continued. "That's not happened, that's your answer?"
Kavanaugh: "I responded by asking her a question and I didn't - I'm sorry I did that". People have drinking problems in lots of families, Klobuchar said.
"The point, he is, he did apologize later, publicly, to me, which I appreciate", the Minnesota Democrat told NBC's "Today." That means Kavanaugh was legal there for only the final four months of his senior year at Georgetown Prep, following his February 12, 1983 birthday. She also asked her Republican colleagues: "What are you hiding?" If everyone in high school who drank beer in this country was accused of sexual assault, Kavanaugh said, the country would be in a dark place.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Manchester City v Brighton: Seagulls may limit the extent of their defeat
- USA powers into early Ryder Cup lead despite Tiger Woods defeat
- 'Jeopardy' Contestant Proposes to His Girlfriend On-Air: "What Is, Yes?"
- Fuel Prices Continue Upward Surge, Petrol Breaches Rs 83-mark In Delhi
- Kavanaugh FINALLY voted out of committee after Flake drama
- Crazy Brawl Breaks Out Between Rams And Vikings Fans
- Star Wars ‘Vader Immortal’ Trilogy Announced for Oculus Quest
- Red state Democratic Sen. Joe Donnelly announces opposition to Kavanaugh
- Vikings' defense can't help offense in loss to Rams
- 'The most unethical sham': Lindsey Graham rails at Kavanaugh FBI probe demands