Forget watching your weight.
Health and wellness company Weight Watchers is changing its name to WW, as CEO Mindy Grossman tries to draw more consumers to the weight-loss programme in a bid to extend momentum fuelled by Oprah Winfrey's embrace of the brand almost three years ago.
Oprah Winfrey, an investor in the company who has appeared in commercials promoting it, added that she believes the new impact could go "far beyond a number on the scale". The company says the new logo - coupled with the tagline "Wellness that Works" - puts an emphasis on overall health and well being, with less of a concerted focus on counting calories and shedding pounds.
The re-brand came after years of shifting the company's focus from weight loss to overall health and wellness.
Weight Watchers has dropped the "weight" - literally. "I think its ultimately educating people that yeah, we have growth, but there is some cyclicality to the business", she said.
Weight Watchers, which has been updating its technology and reshaping its diet plan, becomes the latest company to embrace its initials.Читайте также: Kayaker slapped in face by fur seal with an octopus
"For the longest time we've noticed that consumers don't like being on a diet, so any notion that you're doing something restrictive just feels like something that's not sustainable", observes NPD Group analyst Darren Seifer.
The company will also launch WellnessWins, a program that rewards members for small healthy behaviors, such as tracking meals and activity.
The company is also partnering with Headspace, a meditation and mindfulness company, to develop content specific to WW members.
There's mounting pressure on Grossman to prove she can sustain the Oprah-fueled turnaround.
New weight loss programs also will be available through the voice-controlled personal assistants offered by Amazon, Google and Apple.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- What Led to the Making of World’s Best Footballer Luka Modric
- Mourinho and Pogba in tense-looking exchange
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Debuts the Oculus Quest
- U.S. judge Brett Kavanaugh faces fresh allegations
- Fed raises key rate to 2-2.25%, says more to come
- Key events around sexual assault accusations against Brett Kavanaugh
- Paul Pogba determined to leave Manchester United next summer
- Trump says he refused to meet Canada's Trudeau at UN
- Trump, Iran’s Rouhani exchange threats, insults on U.N.’s world stage
- Less than 340,000 have flood insurance in North and SC combined