Speaking after the match, Unai Emery explained the reason why dropped Guendouzi and played Torreira in his playing eleven. "What we lacked in the past?" said Cech.
He continued: 'The Arsenal way was more important than getting the points sometimes.
'At that point we needed a change to stop their attacking moments but then we scored and I chose to think again'. "We have very healthy competition and we are actually taking the benefit of it".
"The players have shown since the first day of pre-season they are trying every day to do the best", said Emery.
"The place became much more demanding in every way so this is great to see", he added. "This is how it should be".
Against Everton, coach Unai Emery made a decision to bench French youngster Matteo Guendouzi, who has performed well so far this season, and handed Uruguayan Lucas Torreira, another summer arrival, his first starting for Arsenal in the English Premier League.
The Gunners have not won the title since 2004, while Woods won a tournament for the first time in five years on Sunday evening when he captured the Tour Championship.
"This club have not won the league for over 10 years so, obviously, you need to get back into knowing how to do it".
The Brazilian went close again eight minutes later with a curling effort from 19 yards out that went just wide of the right post following another silky turn to escape his marker. "That will make the big difference".
"Come the weekend, if you work hard all week then the good things will come".
It was only the Bees second defeat of the season - and Smith wants his team to take out their frustration on the Gunners.
Arsenal nearly scored from their first chance 10 minutes later when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's cutback from the left found Nacho Monreal, who forced Jordan Pickford into a sharp save from seven yards out. The first half performance was woeful at times but the Gunners stayed in the game and got the goals when they needed to.
"We got what we deserved". This is not sometimes how you win the league. It is an area where Arsenal have to improve if they want to become a title challenger this season.
For the benefit of those who may have missed such a craven display of egomania, Lacazette celebrated by doing the "strut" that seems to be shared among several members of the France national team.
- Iran fears plot by USA and its Gulf allies as pressure grows
- Four things we learned from the Apple Watch 4 teardown
- United Kingdom government on verge of collapse: opposition Labour deputy leader
- Modric sees off Ronaldo & Salah for Player of the Year
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Pro with quad-camera setup surfaces
- Oil Prices to Be 'Cheaper' if Trump Stops Tweeting, Iran Official Says
- Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo doubtful for Federation Internationale de Football Association the best awards in London
- Michael Kors reportedly ready to buy Versace for $2B
- Crude prices are spiking
- These six siblings of a US Republican congressman just endorsed his opponent