Since the April verdicts, Cosby has not been permitted to leave his Pennsylvania home.
The men the movement would lay low were still at the height of their powers.
More than 50 women have come forward to publicly accuse Cosby of sexual assault spanning several decades.
Authorities connected to the case tell TMZ. prosecutors will push for the disgraced comedian/felon to be immediately hauled off to prison once the judge sentences him Monday AM. "Sexual favors are expected, and genius is recognized as an exception to decency".
He then rose to fame starring on numerous television shows before establishing himself as a household name with eight seasons of The Cosby Show, beginning in 1984.
His arrest in late 2015 predated the #MeToo movement, which gained steam following multiple allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, by almost two years.
"I really think it's important that he spend some time behind bars", said Lublin, who said Cosby assaulted her when she was 23 in 1989.
Cosby's day of reckoning is set for Monday, September 24, when he will be formally sentenced for the crimes he was convicted of committing against former Temple University employee Andrea Constand back in 2004. By the time he faced his retrial, the #MeToo campaign had exploded.
Prosecutors had asked O'Neill for permission to call an unspecified number of accusers as witnesses during the sentencing hearing, but the judge denied that request last week. In Cosby's case, he was only convicted after a jury heard from several women, rather than only one, underscoring the challenges sole accusers can face.
In June 2017, she described being given pills that left her "frozen" and unable to stop Cosby from assaulting her.
Although Weinstein's story arguably caused a bigger impact, Cosby is far more recognizable as "America's Dad" for his long-standing role on The Cosby Show. The nonprofit's hotline has received a record number of calls in the past year, with many survivors citing the Cosby case and others as inspiration.
"Mr Cosby should not be treated differently because he is a celebrity", she said. "People are watching carefully".
- Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday
- Detroit Lions make easybeats of New England Patriots
- Anthony Joshua: I'll Fight Wilder Even If He Loses To Tyson Fury
- Ripple rallies on optimism the cryptocurrency finds a home
- Chiefs emerge as trade candidate for Earl Thomas
- Trump Reportedly Polled Staff About Whether or Not He Should Fire Rosenstein
- Pompeo: US Would Win Trade War with China
- Iran’s Top General Vows Crushing Response to Deadly Terror Attack
- Phoenix Wright will debut on PC in 2019
- Tiger Woods' title drought ends at last, claims first win since 2013