What do you think about Joaquin Phoenix's latest Joker reveal? One of the things that was noted about Gacy's clown makeup, after his crimes were uncovered, was how his eye and mouth lines were drawn into sharp points around, instead of round like most other clowns.
The brief video clip involves a slow zoom into Phoenix as Arthur Fleck, his protagonist's pre-Joker form, who's described in the official Warner Bros. plot synopsis as "a man disregarded by society". Now let's all make wild comparisons with this morsel to the legendary Joker performance of Heath Ledger in "the Dark Knight".
The video is set to The Guess Who's song Laughing, a sad tale about a broken relationship. It could be that this is Joker in an earlier part of his personal transformation, given that this film is an origin story.
Joker is now in production and is expected to be released next year. The stand alone Joker film is reported to be set in 1970's, telling the origin story of the mysterious and iconic Batman villain and is being filmed in New York City.
Phillips posted a photo on Sunday of Phoenix dressed up in a button-up shirt and jacket, with the caption: "Arthur".
- DUP rejects Barnier bid to solve Ireland border obstacle to Brexit progress
- Amazon launching new products to compliment Alexa
- Andrew Wiggins' brother after report of Jimmy Butler's trade request: 'Hallelujah'
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah 'fine' despite lack of goals - Jurgen Klopp
- Massive spiderweb blankets Greek beach for spider mating 'party'
- 3D gun publisher Cody Wilson was arrested in Taiwan
- Beto O’Rourke makes apparent Clash reference during Cruz debate
- Joshua Weighs Heavier Than Povetkin At Title Weigh
- New evacuations ordered in SC as Florence rainfall raises river levels
- Changes to golf's Tour Championship scoring rankings - 19-Sep