"I am happy for this additional year", Aguero told CityTV. "My idea was being here for 10 years".
Aguero is City's all-time record scorer with 204 goals, including the stoppage-time victor against Queens Park Rangers in 2012 that won a first top division title in 44 years.
The arrival of the attacker on Merseyside seemed inevitable during the summer, with the deal looking all but complete ahead of the World Cup, but for reasons which remain unknown to a full extent the move did not go through.
"I am very happy that he has extended his contract".
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid had considered signing Agüero last...
"I speak with the doctor sometimes, and he's telling me he's going so well".
"I don't think it helps us at all".
In keeping with a number of high-profile Premier League stars, Jesus - who at times over the past two years Guardiola has selected at the expense of Aguero - does appear to be struggling for form following this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation.
He had a knee operation at the end of last season and said he is playing pain-free for the first time in years.
City director of football, Txiki Begiristain, said: "We are delighted that Sergio is extending his stay at Manchester City".
"Before there were possibilities, but I believe that we are already at an age when each one is going to finish his career at the club he is in".
"It's true that we've got a lot of young talent, that in the future can make the difference". But the most important thing for Gabriel is to show the desire to improve and pay attention in the training sessions and he will get it.
- Tesla Model 3 gets 5-star rating from USA safety agency
- Kavanaugh accuser Ford 'willing to testify' if certain terms met
- K cops' murder fallout: India calls off meeting with Pakistan
- Cold spell is near, get the flu shots
- Beto O’Rourke makes apparent Clash reference during Cruz debate
- Joaquin Phoenix's full makeup portrayal of the Joker revealed
- Don't worry, Google thoroughly vets the app developers who read your email
- Supermarket giant unveils new discount brand at Chatteris site
- Cannabis legalisation grows with South Africa ruling
- Natwest online and mobile banking goes down