While so often the main man last season, Salah has scored just two of Liverpool's 14 goals so far this campaign.
The striker was one of the top performers on Tuesday night as he scored Liverpool FC's opening goal against PSG with a header in the first half at Anfield on what was his first Champions League start in six years.
"Last year what did he score, three in his first six games?"
Asked if he is surprised by Milner's performance this season, Klopp said in a press conference: "It's not just this season, previous year he had most assists in Champions League".
'Finishing is something you can never take for granted, players shouldn't do that. I never do that - only supporters can do that. "Obviously, you don't want to lose any one of them but if he does miss out, we'll prepare without Gabbi and Danny and still be strong enough". Nobody remembers that, so it's really no problem.
'With Mo everything is fine, really.
"I am fine with him, I think he is fine with me and the situation. He's in a good shape and the most important thing is to be physically in good shape".
Joel Matip, Alberto Moreno and Nathaniel Clyne are all pushing for recalls but I think Klopp will stick with his preferred back four of Trent Alexandre-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Virgil van Dijk and Andrew Robertson against Southampton. The start was good for the team and also him as well.
"Dejan is close. He looks really fit [and] did a lactate test last week so fitness-wise he is - for his situation - on a really OK level".
Klopp has suggested that he could even start the forwards in the same eleven this season and some startling statistics would certainly suggest that it is a partnership that could thrive this season.
"That's good, so good work from the fitness department". It's a different situation and that's all. And he will take time this season as well. He can play football, and that makes him a pretty valuable player.
- Jose Mourinho puts Manchester United improvement down to collective effort
- Three things we learned from Liverpool v PSG
- This is the iPhone XS queue in Singapore
- Trump says Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh is 'under assault'
- Samsung Galaxy A7 with triple cameras announced, may come to India soon
- Research: Only Greek yogurt passes the 'low sugar' test
- 5 people, including 3 infants, stabbed in Queens day care
- 3D printer gun maker faces sex crime
- Liverpool's Roberto Firmino wears protective glasses to training
- Flooding is sending unheard amounts of water through the Carolinas