"Super game from Daniel, I told him before the game that I never saw him as fit as he is now", Klopp added.
Daniel Sturridge's Liverpool career seemed to be heading for a premature end last season but the striker showed on Tuesday he may yet have an important role after taking his chance during a rare start in the Champions League win over Paris St Germain.
The biggest match of the day lived up to its billing as the match guaranteed goals and was finally settled in stoppage time.
Kylian Mbappe made the Reds pay for their wasteful in the second half with a late equaliser, but Roberto Firmino stepped off the bench to score a last-gasp victor. The Parisians got on the board just before halftime through left-back Thomas Meunier. I sent him a message on Monday saying, "Hey Bobby, come on, we need you".
Accolade after accolade arrived at the feet of the former Roma star as he picked up the Golden Boot in stunning circumstances and led the Liverpool squad to a famous Champions League final against Real Madrid at the same time.
Liverpool's breakthrough came just when it seemed the visitors had gained a foothold in the game.
The red tide rose again and when Georginio Wijnaldum was brought down by Juan Bernat, Milner drilled an unstoppable penalty inside Areola's left-hand post despite the goalkeeper going the right way.
"The three in midfield also (were great) but they can only do that when the front three play like they do and in that number nine position he (Sturridge) did".
The No.9, of course, came off the bench to settle the Group C opener with a superb injury-time victor after the man he replaced, Sturridge, had opened the scoring in an individual display that was praised effusively by Klopp.
Sturridge eventually made way for Firmino as Liverpool kept the intensity up but one loose pass from Salah undid all their hard work.
- 5 people, including 3 infants, stabbed in Queens day care
- Jose Mourinho puts Manchester United improvement down to collective effort
- Free Beer: Browns’ Win Unlocks ‘Victory Fridges’ Around Cleveland
- Mohamed Salah could set unwanted Liverpool record against Southampton - this is how
- This app by Google will turn off your child's phone during dinner
- Trump says Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh is 'under assault'
- Three things we learned from Liverpool v PSG
- Oil prices fall as US-China trade war clouds demand outlook
- Cook's ship Endeavour 'found' off the United States coast
- Kavanaugh accuser Ford 'willing to testify' if certain terms met