But it is obvious, Kumar said, that behind Pakistan's proposal for talks to make a fresh beginning, there was an evil agenda.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government on Friday cancelled a meeting between foreign ministers of India and Pakistan, which was scheduled to take place in NY.
Pakistan's foreign ministry said earlier on Thursday that PM Khan had sent a clear message to his Indian counterpart to resume talks and resolve bilateral issues.
India's acceptance was based on a request made in a letter dated September 14 from Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to his Indian counterpart to reply to the latter's congratulatory missive.
Less than 24 hours after accepting Imran Khan's request, India on Friday cancelled the meeting with Pakistan in NY.
Khan replied that he wished to "propose a meeting between foreign minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi and external affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, before the informal meeting of the SAARC foreign ministers at the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York". "The letter from the Prime Minister of Pakistan had spoken of, inter alia, bringing a positive change and mutual desire for peace as also readiness to discuss terrorism".
Modi's government further came under pressure after the opposition Congress party questioned its Pakistan policy. "The elections in India are near and it appears that internal politics have influenced the government". Qureshi was also quoted by the Express Tribune as saying that India has not responded positively to Pakistan's invitation for dialogue. India has maintained that talks and terror do not go hand in hand.
India has long accused Pakistan of arming rebel groups in Kashmir, a Himalayan territory divided between the two countries but claimed in full by both. "We will take it up with Pakistan in an appropriate manner", said the external affairs ministry spokesperson.
A Pakistani Ranger stands near the Pakistani flag and Indian flag (L) during a daily parade at the Pakistan-India joint check post at Wagah border, on the outskirts of Lahore February 26, 2010. We have also conveyed our position to the global community.
- Cook's ship Endeavour 'found' off the United States coast
- Don't worry, Google thoroughly vets the app developers who read your email
- Jimmy Butler trade rumors: 10 potential landing spots
- Bangladesh-Afghanistan turns out trivial
- Chelsea's late Europa League return delays West Ham training plans
- Emery warns Arsenal against leaking late goals
- Oil prices fall as US-China trade war clouds demand outlook
- European leaders pour scorn on British PM's Brexit plan
- Research: Only Greek yogurt passes the 'low sugar' test
- Trump questions why Kavanaugh accuser didn't call the Federal Bureau of Investigation after alleged assault