But the heavyweight encounter of the evening was at Anfield, and the Group C match between last season's beaten finalists and the ambitious PSG lived up to expectations.
And as for his defensive contribution, the less said about that the better, especially after his attempt to tackle Sadio Mane in the first half.
PSG are among the favourites for this season's competition but having started the Champions League in the same thrilling fashion that took his team to the final last season, Klopp insisted Liverpool's win confirms they are a match for anyone.
"Liverpool were much what we expected, the energy, the intensity of which they played with, attacking at every moment". Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander Arnold have also done very well, and have made the Liverpool side a defensive powerhouse.
"And, of course, defensively they looked absolutely solid, with the signing of Van Dijk and the two young lads coming in. Anybody finishing above Liverpool this year are doing well".
The Liverpool midfield is able to execute Klopp's "Gegenpressing" tactics well. The 26-year-old floated around in the middle third of the pitch, usually held onto the ball too long and, when his teammates had possession, too often drifted off to the flank to occupy a position that would do little to worry Jurgen Klopp's players.
"Liverpool are very good to watch". No Premier League team has scored at the famous stadium since March last season.
In the seconds that followed the goal, Mo Salah - who had been replaced by Xherdan Shaqiri five minutes from the end - was seen throwing a water bottle to the floor while sitting on the Liverpool bench.
But Mauro Icardi's brilliant late volley brought the hosts level, and Matias Vecino headed in a stoppage-time victor for Inter, back in the Champions League for the first time since 2011-12.
- Second shark attack in Whitsundays in 24 hours
- Trump Reportedly Wanted to Build a Wall in the Sahara Desert
- Woman Accusing Judge Kavanaugh of Sexual Assault Wants FBI Probe
- Daily aspirin offers no benefits for over-70s
- Air scare: Passenger onboard Jet Airways flight narrates the entire ordeal
- Red Dead Online Announced And Planned For Launch In November 2018
- Machines will handle 50% of workplace tasks within 7 years
- Korean Leaders Take Diplomacy to New Heights
- Captain Marvel Chronological Trailer Provides a New Perspective
- Bond 25 Sets Cary Joji Fukunaga As Director With 2020 Release Date