"We got off to a good start; we made it a bit hard for ourselves but there's nothing better than a late goal-Bobby has come off the bench and done that. I texted him saying: 'You don't need your eye!'". "I won't judge them because we lost".
Sturridge was replacing Firmino in the starting line-up after the Brazilian suffered a ghastly (though thankfully not overly serious) eye injury during the previous game, Saturday's 2-1 win over Tottenham.
Klopp's side raced into a two-goal lead against the star-studded French champions thanks to Sturridge's clinical header and a James Milner penalty.
Firmino's absence from the starting line-up gave a chance to Daniel Sturridge, who marked his first Champions League start for the club - and his first in any competition this season - with a goal in front of the Kop.
"It shows we have so much quality".
However, on Tuesday night it was time for the world's most expensive player to have a taste of his own medicine.
"This team disappointed us today". We have to. Although we see ourselves [there], we have to keep making the point. He was impressed with many aspects of Liverpool's play as they defeated PSG 3-2 in their Champions League clash.
- YouTube announces retirement of its dedicated Gaming app - Internet
- Drown After Horry Co. Sheriff's Van Swept Away By Flood Waters
- Maroon 5 frontrunner to play Super Bowl halftime show
- Ryan Coogler to Produce a ‘Space Jam’ Sequel Starring Lebron James
- US accuses Russia of 'cheating' on North Korea sanctions
- Kavanaugh accuser demands FBI investigation before she testifies at hearing next week
- Mikel predicts club to win 2018/19 UEFA Champions League trophy
- OnePlus is coming for cordcutters next with a 4K smart TV
- Jimmy Butler asks Wolves to trade him
- Is new North and South Korea deal a significant step toward denuclearization?