30 passengers have suffered ear and nose-bleed after the crew on flight reportedly forgot to select a switch that helps maintain cabin air pressure.
He added that oxygen masks were deployed and affected passengers were attended to by doctors at the airport.
The official said the DGCA would look into the incident first and then a decision would be taken on whether the matter should be referred to the AAIB.
Meanwhile, furious passengers onboard the flight vented their ire via social media accusing the airline of completely ignoring their plight during the incident. That's why you put those little masks on -immediately- if they drop down during your flight.
The Jet Airways said it has taken the concerned crew off-duty pending a probe into the incident.
Some passengers even complained of headache due to low cabin pressure. The flight, which was carrying 324 passengers, had landed safely.
An investigation has been launched by the aviation ministry and the cockpit crew have been suspended from duties amid allegations pilots "forgot" to turn a switch to regulate cabin pressure.
Speaking to ANI, a passenger on board, Darshak Hathi claims that as they took off, the AC started malfunctioning, followed by the air pressure system. 30 out of 166 passengers experienced nose & ear bleeding, some also complained of headache.
"Jet Airways regrets the inconvenience caused to its guests", said the company.
- Drake sues woman over pregnancy, rape claims
- Machines will handle 50% of workplace tasks within 7 years
- YouTube announces retirement of its dedicated Gaming app - Internet
- Red Dead Online Announced And Planned For Launch In November 2018
- I Want Both the Nominee, His Accuser to Testify Under Oath
- "Official" press renders of Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL leaked
- Daily aspirin offers no benefits for over-70s
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Daniel Sturridge after Liverpool FC win
- Coca-Cannabis? Coke analyzing cannabis in wellness drinks
- Ronaldo controversially sent off, Lyon stun Man City in Champions League matches