The conflict between the Skrulls and the Kree is also teased. We will presumably meet Captain Marvel when she crash lands back on Earth, after an unknown time working with the Starforce and gaining fantastic abilities from the Kree.
"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, THANOS IS SHAKING", said one person, alluding to Captain Marvel's planned appearance in next year's Avengers 4. We also get to see just how much of an utter badass Carol Danvers is outside of her super-persona, and it's got us absolutely dying for more content from this movie.
The first female-led movie of the MCU?
Before long, she crosses paths with Jackson's de-aged Nick Fury, who still has both his eyes and is still pretty low on the S.H.I.E.L.D. ladder. They've also released this fantastic new poster for the movie, which we are officially obsessed with.
But the trailer ends on Carol, generating massive amounts of energy and warning, "I'm not what you think I am".
Captain Marvel flies into theaters March 8, 2019. If the trailer is any indication, we're in for a mighty blockbuster full of space invasions, big auto chases, and seeing our lead go full binary!
Captain Marvel, a historic first for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, isn't your average superhero movie.
According to the movie's official synopsis: "Based on the Marvel comic character first appearing in 1968, the story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races".
Also starring Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte, Mckenna Grace, Clark Gregg, and Jude Law, the first trailer and poster have arrived today and can be seen below.
- It's giveaway time again! Win Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4
- Reports from France predict PSG team that Liverpool could tear apart
- Who is responsible for shooting down the Russian plane over Syria?
- Rachel Brosnahan Went From Snowboard Instructor to Emmy Nominee
- Seahawks activate Earl Thomas for Week 1
- Apple's AirPower charger is reportedly 'doomed to failure'
- Creepy character from Atlanta appears in crowd at Emmys
- Trump orders 'immediate' declassification of FISA documents, DOJ-FBI texts
- Hope fades in Philippines for dozens buried in Typhoon Mangkhut landslides
- Aaron Rodgers can't walk on water but can play well after injury