After the stars strutted up the red carpet, the show opened with a daring song-and-dance number poking fun at an array of hot-button issues in America.
"We solved it", sang ill-used Saturday Night Live cast members Kate McKinnon and Kenan Thompson, among other guests, in a lame opening production number hammering home the night's primary satirical subject: not politics for once, but Hollywood's self-congratulatory attitude toward diversity and inclusion.
Amazon's The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was the big victor on Monday night, grabbing gold in five major categories, while FX's ACS: Versace claimed three major wins.
Alex Borstein accepts the award for outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series for "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". Show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino picked up bookends for writing and directing.
Show creator Ryan Murphy dedicated the "Versace" limited series trophy to LGBT victims of hate crimes. Darren Criss won for lead actor in the TV movie/limited series category for his role as killer Andrew Cunanan. Oscars director Glenn Weiss stunned the celebs by proposing to his girlfriend from the podium.
"I don´t even believe in god but I´m going to thank her tonight", Newton quipped. "How lucky can I be?"
Last year, Che said Boston was the most racist city he had ever visited.
For the first time in its long run on NBC, Saturday Night Live claimed the Emmy for Best Variety Sketch Series for a second consecutive year.
Considering the first award of the night went to a straight, white guy. yep, miles to go before we sleep!
- Apple's AirPower charger is reportedly 'doomed to failure'
- Deepak Thakur composes a song on Bigg Boss 12
- WNDU to raise funds for Hurricane Florence relief with Red Cross
- South Africa's highest court legalises cannabis use
- U.S. pushes back national wireless alert test to Oct. 3
- Creepy character from Atlanta appears in crowd at Emmys
- It's giveaway time again! Win Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4
- Who is responsible for shooting down the Russian plane over Syria?
- Amazon is reportedly making a microwave -- and 7 other secret Alexa gadgets
- Hope fades in Philippines for dozens buried in Typhoon Mangkhut landslides