However, the new iPhone XS uses Surgical-grade stainless steel frame with glass on the front and rear.
The iPhone XS Max starts at $1,099 for 64 GB of storage, but can cost up to $1,449 for 512 GB of storage.
- Biggest and most-expensive ever: iPhone Xs Max (USD1,099).
However Apple's third new iPhone, the XR, isn't available for preorders yet. Apple has announced six color options for the smartphone and they are: Blue, Black, White, Yellow, Coral and Product (RED). Though the XR is cheaper, it does have a larger screen: 6.1 inches to the XS's 5.8 inches.
But regardless of which iPhone you are after, expect to pay more this year. John Gruber, who covers Apple on his website Daring Fireball, tweeted that Apple's silence speaks volumes, and the company is likely struggling to make AirPower work as advertised (although he used more colorful language).
The only difference is how the phones zoom. That is a full three-inches larger than the display found on the original iPhone.
The iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max have all the same features and capabilities, except for screen size, with the XS Max lording it over the XS.
If you're anxious about getting less performance for less money, don't be.
It is positioning the new watch as a more comprehensive health device, able to take an electrocardiogram (ECG) to detect an irregular heartbeat and start an emergency call automatically if it detects a user falling down, potentially appealing to older customers.
Compared to the Apple A11 chipset that powers the iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, the hexa-core A12 offers almost 33.3 percent increased performance, doubled GPU score, 50 percent improvement in UX score and around 20 percent improvement in memory score because of which the iPhone XS has managed to achieve such an impressive benchmarking score.
Last year's iPhone X could last about 12 to 13 hours on a single charge. The XS Max offers 90 minutes additional battery as compared to the iPhone X, and the XS offers 30 minutes more battery life.
All three phones have numerous same perks of the iPhone X line, including facial recognition, and can charge wirelessly using Qi chargers.
Fully 12% of our site's mobile traffic comes from Apple's iPhones and iPads, which means a bit over one in ten of you reading this from a phone or tablet are doing it from an Apple device.
Innovations allow you to take stunning pictures.
On Wednesday, Apple held its annual September media event to announce, among other things, the new iPhones for 2018.
- Man dead after suspected shark attack at MA beach
- Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert Respond To Donald Trump’s Claims About Puerto Rico
- State health officials issue threat declaration against West Nile virus, EEE
- Razer Phone 2 looks the same as the original, leaked image shows
- Storm Florence: The impact in numbers
- Celtics' Jabari Bird arraigned in domestic violence case
- Sewing needles have been found DELIBERATELY hidden inside strawberries
- 'Relentless rains' continue as Florence almost stalls over Carolinas
- NHC downgrades Florence to still unsafe Category 3 hurricane
- Ashley Young Starts - Manchester United Team vs Watford Confirmed