Kendricks is the same player who pleaded guilty to an insider trading charge two weeks ago. Reports Thursday night said it would be a one-year deal. They spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity because the team had not announced the signing.
Kendricks, who turns 28 later this month, admitted before a federal judge in Philadelphia that he swapped cash, National Football League tickets and access to parties with a Wall Street-connected associate for nonpublic, market-shifting information.
While Mychal Kendricks awaits sentencing in December, the linebacker isn't ousted from the National Football League just yet. The Seahawks have yet to confirm the Kendricks signing and this story is continuing to develop. After being selected by the Eagles in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft, Kendricks spent six years in Philadelphia before being released this past offseason.
The Browns released him August 29, after the charges were filed.
National Football League spokesman Brian McCarthy said the situation is under review and Kendricks is now allowed to sign and participate in activities, including games.
His then-team, the Cleveland Browns, released him after he was found by federal prosecutors to be involved in an illegal investment scheme with Damilare Sonoiki, a Harvard-educated former investment banker. It listed Wagner as having a groin injury. He also claimed he didn't take any of the profits for himself but didn't elaborate on where the money went.
- Presidential emergency alert system text coming next week
- Florence rains wash away New Bern’s beloved statues
- Are Apple's New iPhones Too Big For Women's Hands?
- Liverpool and Chelsea make Premier League history with ideal starts
- Watch a livestream of Hurricane Florence bearing down on North Carolina
- FEMA administrator under investigation for travel, use of government cars
- US imposes North Korea-related sanctions on Russian, Chinese firms
- Where will Hurricane Florence hit: Myrtle Beach, SC, predicted for landfall
- Seven hurt in Greek island beach rockslide
- Florence dumps heavy rain on Carolinas, kills 7