Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun remained in office on Friday amidst reports of her resignation.
This was contained in a statement by Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman.
The President thanked the Minister for her services to the nation and wished her well in her future pursuits.
The confusion over her alleged resignation was heightened by her absence at the Meeting of the Convergence Council of Ministers and Governors of Central Bank of West African Monetary Zone where she was represented by the Permanent Secretary Dr. Mahmood Isa Dutse.
Telecoms experts who also dialled her number at PREMIUM TIMES' instance Saturday evening also said the telephone certainly did not ring in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, President Buhari has approved that the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, should oversee the Ministry of Finance with effect from today.
Nigeria opposition party, the People's Democratic Party (PDP), has called for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the former minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun.
When she was first appointed, there were questions about her competency and profile, but they faded as time went on.
"She has left Nigeria", a source said.
Mrs Adeosun, finance minister since November 2015, stepped down from office on Friday after owning up to parading a forged youth service scheme certificate.
Apart from the controversies, Adeosun played a major role in the Federal Government's economic plan.
"The PDP is also aware of plots by the Federal Government to secretly move her out of the country, and for that, we urge the worldwide community to be at alert and ensure she is repatriated to face justice in Nigeria should the Federal Government succeeds in its devious plan", Ologbodiyan claimed.
- Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool
- Bob Woodward will release 'Fear' audiotapes if sources ask him
- Can you buy flood insurance now that will cover damage by Florence?
- Browns to release troubled receiver Josh Gordon
- As Florence weakens, live surf cam videos show impact on Carolinas
- Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert Respond To Donald Trump’s Claims About Puerto Rico
- Arrested Texas border agent described as 'serial killer'
- Experts disagree on whether Dallas officer could be credible
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic Beetle in 2019
- Accused Russian Hit Men: We Were in Salisbury for Sightseeing, Not Poisoning