Costa came in for fierce criticism from Allegri following the 2-1 win, which also saw Cristiano Ronaldo break his scoring duck for his new club with both Juventus goals. He is up and running and his three-and-a-half game drought (!) is over.
"Cristiano worked well and I think he will score", the coach revealed at the pre-match press conference.
The Portuguese added another in the 65th minute when he finished off a counter-attack by drilling a low-angled shot beyond Andrea Consigli and into the far corner with his left foot.
The five-time Ballon d'Or victor was denied a hat-trick by a fine save from Sassuolo goalkeeper Andrea Consigli, while he also miss-hit a clear opportunity late on.
Juventus, who are seeking a record-extending eighth successive Serie A title, are the only team in the division still with a ideal record.
Sassuolo scored their only goal of the game in stoppage time, with Douglas Costa sent off for the home side soon after.
Embroiled in a heated discussion with Sassuolo's Federico Di Francesco, the Brazilian winger proceeded to spit into the mouth of Di Francesco before walking away.
- Man dead after suspected shark attack at MA beach
- Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert Respond To Donald Trump’s Claims About Puerto Rico
- Losing Speed, Tropical Storm Florence Will Continue Slowly Through The Carolinas
- Dybala will leave Juventus in January, claims Zamparini
- Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool
- BMW’s autonomous R 1200 GS motorcycle is a safety equipment testbed
- Formula 1 Ferrari Concept Car Shown by Ross Brawn in Singapore
- Mother, baby dead as Hurricane Florence drenches the Carolinas
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic Beetle in 2019
- Nigerian Finance Minister Adeosun resigns over forgery claims