Here's the official description of the game, straight from Nintendo: "Game Freak, the developer of the Pokemon series, has created a new RPG for Nintendo Switch". Such as it stands, though, Town tells the story of a village that is under siege by various monsters.
This afternoon's Nintendo Direct held many surprise announcements, including both Luigi's Mansion 3 and a new Animal Crossing game for Nintendo Switch. In Town, players need to strategize the best ways to fend off large, attacking monsters. The preliminary name for the game is Town which is going to be a turn-based RPG.
From the footage shown, a character named Nez - or Nezu - appears to have the ability to use ideas and concepts (depicted as a light bulb) in combat.
You can enjoy the reveal trailer for Town below.
While Game Freak has mainly become known for its Pokemon games, it does make other titles, such as Pocket Card Jockey and the overlooked Tembo the Badass Elephant. Incorporating a JRPG style battle-system with various commands, players will battle monsters and call upon villagers for extra assistance in battle. We'll find out when it releases on the Nintendo Switch sometime next year.
We certainly didn't see this game coming, but Town sounds interesting even before you realize that this game is being worked on by an incredibly talented group of designers and developers.
- Storm Florence: The impact in numbers
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic Beetle in 2019
- Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert Respond To Donald Trump’s Claims About Puerto Rico
- Losing Speed, Tropical Storm Florence Will Continue Slowly Through The Carolinas
- 'Relentless rains' continue as Florence almost stalls over Carolinas
- Jurgen Klopp furious over Roberto Firmino eye injury
- Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool
- Chelsea vs. Cardiff City - Football Match Report
- NHC downgrades Florence to still unsafe Category 3 hurricane
- Bob Woodward will release 'Fear' audiotapes if sources ask him